United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Origins Game Fair web site has always been horrific. But now I'm completely stumped. If you go to http://www.originsgamefair.com/ you get redirected to the GAMA web site. And there's no way I can see to register on-line. You can download a registration form (which incidentally says you *can* register on-line) and mail it in.

Is that it? Yikes. Earth to GAMA: how about some customer focus?

Anyone else flummoxed by this change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lukac
United States
McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, frustrated me to no end. I actually called customer service and asked them why the link to online registration took me to another site, and they told me they were working on it, as I wanted to add a board game badge to my early bird registration purchase, just to avoid hassle later, I was informed that they would contact me via email when the site was up and ready for that kind of activity.

I suggest taking the email and phone number from the site and contacting them. Perhaps the more they are bombarded, the quicker they will respond. After all, Origins is only slightly more than four months away. It would be nice to be able to get our registration settled ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately this is typical for GAMA. Every year they have to reinvent the registration process. I usually do the early bird but did not this year. I'm guessing that the web pre-registration won't be ready until the event registration is up which is usually in early May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Allwood
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also very frustrated over this. I've been wanting to register online since December. Being from the UK it's very expensive & inconvenient to do it any other way. I've already got my hotel and flights booked. As far as I can see, I've now also lost the chance of an early bird registration. Hmm maybe that's there strategy to get more money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Sauer III
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing official ... nothing secret or was told not to say anything as it was over heard by a few people.

a GAMA person came by CABS on Friday for a pre signup for Origins and we asked the question about the websites ...

We were told GTS site was supposed to be up by the end of this week and Origins a week or so later ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.