Popular Tags: [View All]
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a very 'Power'ful table at game night with both Power Grid and Power Struggle out at the same time.

Richie+, Avri -2, Eliezer approx-3, Mory -5

(I measure victor in how many actions each other player is behind rather than in VP earned)

I held Communications the whole time and we had a full 7 turn first round where motivation went down to 0. Richie spent over half the first round bribing everybody else (well everybody but me pretty much). Mory and Richie both got very cheap stocks at the end of the round because of motivation level, and I earned an extra 1,000,000 from controlling (which I paid too much for). I didn't handle the first round well, since I should have also been focusing on corruption, but I wanted to see what would happen with a very long round 1. At the director's meeting I spent my bribed communication action to retire 3 managers to the board to take the chairman position and start earning Influence.

In round 2 I had the communications and Chairman privileges, so I expected to get bribed, but it didn't really happen. I wanted to keep the round short so I could finish getting my influence, and I also put the board scandal event after the bonus payments so I'd get more money. I expected the chairman privilege to be bribed away from me, but in the end I got stuck turning my own card face down. Things looked to be set up so I could win on the first turn of the next round. Richie was doing well in corruption and was one manager short in Counsel, and one main department short. I just needed to get 3 more influence and one more corruption, and one more main department. I planned to get the corruption on my last action of round 2, get the influence at the director's meeting, and then schedule the bonus payment as the first event in round 3 so I could buy my last main department. Unfortunately Eliezer then stormed the board with 3 managers.

Then Mory stormed the board with 4(!!) more managers. Evidently they were both hoping to score all the influence they needed then two. Mory's retiring pushed out another 2 of mine and 2 of Eliezer's. Then instead of bribing like I wanted to for the last action, I retired another man to the board and pushed out another 1 or 2 of Eliezers.

In all 6 board members were pushed out the window and both Eliezer and my plans were torn assunder. That meant I needed to be able to fire 2 employees with a bribed L&P for the missing influence, and then buy a Main Department... but I also needed to spend a turn hiring those 2 employees first. So this set me back about 3 actions.

Richie's victory path was unstoppable as he bought his 4th main department, and then retired to counsel to win by a solid 2 action margin. He won with the maind departments, corruption, counsel, and by beating me (his archenemy) in shares, corruption, and counsel.

The game ended in 13 actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. I'll take the severance pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reish Galuta wrote:
Richie+, Avri -2, Eliezer approx-3, Mory -5

(I measure victor in how many actions each other player is behind rather than in VP earned)

Excellent way of looking at it! I measure the same way in Attika.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.