Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurie Leban
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, this is TVDinner stealing my wife's account because I'm not using mine to try to get a bug tracked down and fixed.

The subscription notifications for the TVDinner account has been messed up for quite some time. I think the problem manifests itself in a couple different ways. I decided last night I'd stop reading any forum threads (about 11:00pm central) and see what it does the next morning.

Right now the forum threads in the notifications are stuck at 12:38am. Nothing after that time shows up in the list of notifications (I click on the "x new" to see the entire list). I'm getting new geeklists, images, and files after that time, but no new forum threads. I know there's new threads in The Republic of Rome forum that I should be getting notified about.

If someone could take a peek in the account and see what's going on I'd appreciate it. Post here when I can mess with the forums again or let me know if there's some other way I can help nail this one.

Another behaviour I usually see is that the links to the new articles are too late, meaning that when I use the link it leads to an article much later than the one it should. If that keeps happening after the above bug gets tracked down I'll holler.

Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
I believe that the problem is that the list of forum notifications is sorted by Oldest first. You have plenty of more recent notifications there, I think, on subsequent pages of the Forums module. I suspect that your other problem is related to this.

You can solve this by clearing out your new items queue by reading or marking read all of the items. You can also click the tab to sort your subscription items by newest first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurie Leban
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the needed short sharp kick to the head, I bet I usually clear the new list often enough during a normal day that I never notice the page widget.
blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.