Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Kurcina
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried these out yet, so right now this post is to keep track of this variant concept. The idea is to introduce a fourth robot into play that modifies the terrain. This fourth robot doesn't count for victory.

Taker
This is an extra piece that is placed across from the the robot that eats both energy cube colors. On a player's turn he may instead move the Taker to an adjacent open position on the board that doesn't contain another robot. If it lands upon a hex with an energy cube, remove that cube and place it back in the pool.

Leaver
This is an extra piece that is placed across from the the robot that eats both energy cube colors. On a player's turn he may instead take an energy cube from the pool and place it beneath the Leaver, and then he must move the Leaver to any adjacent open hex on the board.

Teleporter
This is an extra piece that is placed across from the the robot that eats both energy cube colors. Whenever a player refreshes his energy cubes, he may move the Teleporter to any position on the board. If it lands on a hex with a cube or a robot, that item is placed in the hex the Teleporter originated; i.e., they switch positions.

Shadow Hopper
This is an extra piece that is placed across from the the robot that eats both energy cube colors. At the end of a player's turn, he may also move the Shadow into any adjacent empty hex or hop across another robot into the empty hex following. May hop across two or three robots if they are in a line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet you could place all 4 on board, giving player option to use whichever one.

Might be chaotic, but deepen game too

I have no specific ideas, but was wondering how to create more of a robot wars feel to game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.