Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Stachiw
United States
Bayonne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is all the way up at the upper lefthand side of the board. Much of my strategy has been moving close to half the characters visible and hidden. Rinse and repeat. I haven't played much but my initial feeling was its going to take at least 2 out of 8 turns to get there... why bother.

Any other feelings or impressions on this?

I am saying this not to knock the informant but in hopes to hear opposing views and how the informant may have lead to a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coony
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play as Jack. Almost every detective that played against me, drew a good alibi. Plus, once a character reaches Liberty Island he's hidden (almost a sure way to put a character in the darkness, if Tumblety or Monk Eastman aren't around). Once the Informant is on Manhattan Island, you can draw many alibis. For example, in turn 4 you moved one character on Liberty Island and drew an alibi, knowing that in round 5 you're the first to go, you can put the Informant in a crowded area. Next round, you get another alibi. (2 alibis isn't that bad especially if it's round 5)
Once you have a character's alibi, which is still a suspect, you have a good advantage. Try to continue to keep him a suspect, while eliminating other characters. It might be useful as a counter bluff and if you reach near game end and have him and 1 or 2 characters still suspects, chances are on your side.

From my experience so far, once Jack hits the darkness, usually many of the characters have the possibility to flee (if you can figure out right combos, you're unstoppable, so maybe going for 50% light/darkness isn't always a good idea.

This game is so different from "Mr. Jack" and I can't say I have developed clear strategies so far. The changing board is responsible for that. But that's one of the best things about this game. You have to think constantly and you always discover great combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as Jack I do try to avoid letting the inspector get to the island but like Claudiu said it is good to use the island to put someone in the dark.

Be aware it can be very powerful as in NY all alibi cards can be used elminating all suspects.

But there are many ways to play and if you dont want to use the that is your strategy. Cant fault you for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.