Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tonini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmb
This IS a truly and deeply stupid question, but just to be VERY sure:

I cannot charge strait at my enemy while shooting it with an arcer, because MY unit block LOS, right?

Shard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by the question.

Step 4 is movement.

Step 5 is attack.

You can't move or attack through other cards. If one of your melee guys is in the way, you can't shoot through him, but you never move and attack at the same time either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tonini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmb
you answered clearly to a very muddy question
I only wanted to know if my unit block los, and the answer is yes.

Thanks!

Shard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!

Keep in mind that some cards (like Gror and Fire Drake) can break that rule and attack through other cards with their special powers, and that Mook's aura can benefit your own guys on the other sides of cards. None of these three cards mention clear spaces in their wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have to make that a house rule; shooting past your own guy. Archers are usually guarded by melee troops so you should be able to volley over your guy. Because when using your archer, if you miss the guy, he is usually on you next turn unless you are the elf archer w/4 range. It would be nice to have an enemy engaged and you can keep thumping arrows at him. Makes the archers more valuable IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
jsh4u2 wrote:
I might have to make that a house rule; shooting past your own guy. Archers are usually guarded by melee troops so you should be able to volley over your guy. Because when using your archer, if you miss the guy, he is usually on you next turn unless you are the elf archer w/4 range. It would be nice to have an enemy engaged and you can keep thumping arrows at him. Makes the archers more valuable IMO.

Archers are already pretty valuable. Besides, the point of SW isn't to be a "realistic" skirmish game -- if realism was your goal, you'd need to pile on so many extra rules that you should just go with a different game instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not looking for realism. If I wanted that, I would join the Marines. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.