Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Hebert
Canada
Vercheres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok so here's what happened to me in a solo game. I had an investigator in the abyss. He had an encounter that made him moved to the Dreamland. There was no Dreamland gates in Arkham. When this investigator was about to get out of the dream land what would happen if there is still no gates to the Dreamland in Arkham?

A: The investigator is return to Arkham on the initial Abyss gate?

B: He is lost in time and space and he will have to reenter the Abyss to close the gate?

Thanks
Breach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B.

Assuming the encounter said move to Dreamlands and nothing like "move to Dreamlands, have an encounter there and return here".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a situation like that when I played a solo game...
I had an encounter that said: "move to Dreamlands, have an encounter there and return here"... But the encounter in the Dreamlands told me to "remain here next turn"... I didn't know what to do so I waited... Drew another encounter next turn and at the end of THE SECOND encounter there wasn't a Dreamland gate so I sent myself to get Lost In Time And Space... (I have no idea if I did the right thing... I feel you!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it "remain here next turn" or "stay here next turn"? The latter = delayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hart
Australia
Lilydale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AH Rules, Page 8, under "Other World Movement"

If the investigator is in the second area of the Other
World, he returns to Arkham. The player must choose a
location that contains a gate to the Other World he is leaving.
After choosing such a location, he places his investigator
marker there. Then he places an “explored” marker
underneath his investigator to show that he has explored
the gate. This marker remains in play as long as the investigator
remains at the location. If there is no open gate
leading to the Other World the investigator is in, the
investigator is lost in time and space (see page 17).

I know there is an encounter at the Asylum where you are asked if you will help a Doctor who is dealing with a patient with bad dreams, and you are asked to go into his dreams of animal headed men. You gain some clues but are just plain moved to Dreamlands, do not pass go, do not collect an explored token.

Had this happen to me, all I could do was hope I had an encounter that took me back during the 2 encounters there. I didn't, thus was LiTaS as well. Character was essentially out of play for 3 turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general rule is that you don't have to return to the gate you entered, you just have to return to a gate that matches the OW you're leaving. Since there are two gates for each OW, if both gates are open at the same time, you can jump in one, then exit and close the other.

By the same token, if there's no gate that matches the OW you're leaving, the game still doesn't care what gate you entered. There's no matching gate, so you go to LiTaS instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hebert
Canada
Vercheres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.