Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cubby KC
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this game with my 2 brothers and they think you can consume multiply goods for cards, ie trade 2 novelty goods to get 4 cards (if no extra powers), I think you can only trade in 1 per consume trade, but since they out number me 2 to 1 I just let it go. Now the rules say "Must sell one good" but doesn't say limited to one good, or only one good, so i could see their point.

$: Trade: players who chose Consume: Trade must sell one good (before applying their consume powers), by discarding it and drawing a number of cards that depends on the kind of good sold: Alien technology: 5 cards; Genes: 4 cards; Rare elements: 3 cards; or Novelty: 2 cards.

Only players who chose Consume: Trade can sell a good.

Players choosing Consume: Trade also apply all relevant Trade special powers (listed next to $) to this sale (typically, to draw extra cards).

Can someone advise me who is right? Thank you all in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one good period. You can not trade more than one good, however you can use black market or the other trade card (someone will respond with the name I'm sure) to enable a consume power that has the same effect as trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other card with trade like consume powers besides Black Market Trading World is Trade League.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, one and only one good must be traded by those who picked consume/trade. They may not trade an additional good or choose to forgo trading a good if they have one available.

When reading rules it's important not to assume you can do things. It says you must trade one good, this is not a license to trade more than one good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because rules don't say that you can't sell multiple goods does not mean you can do it. So you are right and your friends are wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules wrote:
$: Trade: players who chose Consume: Trade must sell one good (before applying their consume powers), by discarding it and drawing a number of cards that depends on the kind of good sold: Alien technology: 5 cards; Genes: 4 cards; Rare elements: 3 cards; or
Novelty: 2 cards.
Only players who chose Consume: Trade can sell a good.

The rules state one good. Then apply consume powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.