Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a couple of questions about order placement

1. When you put your minion on an action (monsters. Gold, etc.) do you have take that action. I understand if you don’t have the resources to complete the action, like if you had no food to buy an imp, then you could not complete it. But, if you just decide not to do it, can you take your minion and put it on that action card? Example: Lets say I am on the 2nd spot of the food action. I decide, hey it’s not worth it to go up a couple evil spots so then I decide to take back my minion and not take that action. Is that legal with all actions?

2. I have a question about the foreman imp spots on the digging and gold producing actions. I understand that you need ‘1’ foremen imp and ‘4’ producers imps to either dig or get gold in the third spot. The question is, lets say you have only 3 tiles to produce in; can you still do the 3rd spot on the gold/dig option? Could you use one imp as a foreman and use three more to produce? The spot shows 4 imps to clarify.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:
I got a couple of questions about order placement

1. When you put your minion on an action (monsters. Gold, etc.) do you have take that action. I understand if you don’t have the resources to complete the action, like if you had no food to buy an imp, then you could not complete it. But, if you just decide not to do it, can you take your minion and put it on that action card? Example: Lets say I am on the 2nd spot of the food action. I decide, hey it’s not worth it to go up a couple evil spots so then I decide to take back my minion and not take that action. Is that legal with all actions?

You place the minion on its allocated spot.

Then you execute the actions in order.

You may always choose to not execute an action and return the minion to its order card (allowing you the option of pulling that action back to hand).

Note that if you revealed 'hire monster' in position one that that always costs a gold coin, regardless of whether or not you execute the action.

But.. you only get 24 actions. Do you really want to voluntarily forgo ~4% of your decision making power all that often?

Quote:

2. I have a question about the foreman imp spots on the digging and gold producing actions. I understand that you need ‘1’ foremen imp and ‘4’ producers imps to either dig or get gold in the third spot. The question is, lets say you have only 3 tiles to produce in; can you still do the 3rd spot on the gold/dig option? Could you use one imp as a foreman and use three more to produce? The spot shows 4 imps to clarify.

The last spot in Dig Tunnel and Mine for Gold require that one imp be placed at the head of the dungeon (as a fore-imp). You may then dig/mine in up to four tunnels. If you only have three imps (such as at the start of the game), then one would be the fore-imp and the other two would be digging tunnels or mining gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I thought on both questions, but I wanted to make sure. Sometimes you would take up your minion if you get the third spot or something you can not pay for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Note that if you revealed 'hire monster' in position one that that always costs a gold coin, regardless of whether or not you execute the action.

Note that Vlaada seems to have contradicted that here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4533675#4533675 But your interpretation seems to be what a strict reading of the rules suggests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderCinz wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Note that Vlaada seems to have contradicted that here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4533675#4533675 But your interpretation seems to be what a strict reading of the rules suggests.

Vlaada was referring to a specific spell (Graffitti?)

Rules say:

Quote:

Players reveal their orders and take turns placing their figures on
the action spaces.
– A player who chooses Hire Monster (or Ghost) for his or her
first order must pay 1 Gold.
– If there is no space left for a Minion Figure, it goes on the Orders
Card.

I don't see those as mutually exclusive.
- If you choose 'Hire Monster' as your first order, you pay 1 Gold.
- If there is no space left for a Minion Figure, place it on the order card.

Quote:
- If you do not use an action, return your Minion Figure to that
Orders Card to indicate that the order was not carried out.

(this is where the choice comes in AFTER being placed on the board)

Any official FAQ entry would be helpful. Until then, the rules seem clear.

The take away is that if all four players can possibly put 'Hire Monster' out as an order, and you're last, think twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.