Subject: Great TV. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I heard a story on NPR about some folks wanting to have free-form debates between partisan interests to be televised in a way similar to what is done in England's Parlimant System. I think this would be a fun idea though I can't really see many entrenched politicians endorsing such an idea. Afterall, it opens even more doors for them to look poorly.

However, I just found this on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/08/health.care/index.htm...

While it's not the same thing, I think that the meeting they're talking about would be pretty entertaining television. Or at least as the potential too. Here's hoping such a thing actually comes to fruition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
The Biggest Loser was pretty great last night. There was a homeless fat guy crying about being too large for the little tent that he sleeps in, and the trainer (in the Aussie version, this is a boofy bloke named Shannan) said: "Look at you! You resent the tent!". Then he made the guy train with the captain of the Aussie rugby team, who he described as "a true blue legend who sleeps tentless under the mighty Southern Cross with pride".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Sounds awesome! All Swedish parliament sessions are put here: http://www.riksdagen.se/templates/R_ExternalPage____7166.asp... (If you don't see anything, then it's because it's night here.)

However, the committees that draft the new laws still have their meetings in secret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.