Popular Tags: Aton [+] UVU-BOB [+] [View All]
Paul Springer
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A nice two-player affair that won't hurt anyone's feelings. Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The video... fantatic as always, The game... not so much, just doesnt look like my type of thing. Keep em cming, I regularly look for updates from you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great video! This is one of my favorite 'mini-eurogames' for two. The rules are really quite simple, but on first blush they can seem a little baffling. Games are short (< 30 minutes), and you should 'get it' by the middle of your first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
good timing as this is a game I was considering on a math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to your videos almost as much as I look forward to new games.

Great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the person who traded this game, I'm glad you liked it. I actually played it for the first time the night before I shipped it out to you, and really liked it... Its a nice little game with a nice variety of ways to score and win. I actually beat my opponent by filling one of the temples, she was killing me in points until then. I like your reviews, so keep 'em coming. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I should withhold my thumb because you don't like Pandemic, but good job anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Springer
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't DARE! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Heretics
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this 'little game'. And you're right, it's about "as mean as a pillow fight" (good analogy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly Tolson
United States
Lewiston
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably the most charming video I've seen today and I'm watching a lot of reviews... Very well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job again, Bob!

Odd thing, however: around the 2:00 mark, the '4' card in Red's 3rd cartouche magically becomes a '2' card...??

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An outstandingly edited and wonderfully rapid review of a game that hits the mark on the essential elements of my hands-down, favorite two-player game. I have logged nearly 90 plays officially and and probably nearly 100 total, so I clearly have a dog in this hunt.

The timing is interesting for the appearance of this video because it was just yesterday morning that my granddaughter, Lacey, requested that we revisit Aton, the young girl seen during the time frame 2:51-3:03. The picture is a few years old and I thought at the time of our game that perhaps it would be nice to update her appearance while playing Aton - she's 12 now going on 14...anyways, a proud grandfather will often digress. She won the game with a superior strategy - she allowed me to dominate the Fourth Temple but kept picking off my red priests attempting to occupy the blue squares. The final score after the 2nd round of scoring was 51-34 for an impressive and decisive win indeed!

The appeal of the game for me is the beauty of the decision process which often involves attempting to predict your opponent's intentions. The placing of the four cards next to the four cartouches is pure gaming sublimity and how those four cards must balance offense and defense in equal measure against a formidable opponent. With eight paths to victory, six ways to score points, the ascending power of the temple scoring (don't neglect the lowly 1st Temple - that will get you beat as well!) and the look and feel of the components makes Aton a game that for me succeeds in every way a game should succeed. Its game play ever varies with a time trajectory that is amazingly brief.

Thanks again for a mighty fine database contribution that is sure to help others better appreciate the myriad qualities of this rare gem of a game.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you have a great voice..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy always does polished and very professional reviews - well done once more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamegrunt wrote:

The appeal of the game for me is the beauty of the decision process which often involves attempting to predict your opponent's intentions. The placing of the four cards next to the four cartouches is pure gaming sublimity and how those four cards must balance offense and defense in equal measure against a formidable opponent. With eight paths to victory, six ways to score points, the ascending power of the temple scoring (don't neglect the lowly 1st Temple - that will get you beat as well!) and the look and feel of the components makes Aton a game that for me succeeds in every way a game should succeed. Its game play ever varies with a time trajectory that is amazingly brief.

I think this may be the most beautifully written paragraph-length review of any game I've read on the geek! And after one play, I can tell this is a great game, I really, really hope my GF will take a liking to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael de Azevedo
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
Guess you guys aren´t ready for that yet....but your kids are gonna love it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, now this is what I call convincing! Never ever heard of that one before, now it´s definitely on my wishlist! Sounds like I really nice game to play with my spouse, thanks for reviewing it in such an...er...characterful manner.
Gotta watch more of your reviews now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.