Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any info on this game?
It is tentatively scheduled to arrive after the Ravenloft game, which is due around August. I would estimate around Q4 and if the sales of the Ravenloft game justify a second game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Eureka
MT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This sounds very interesting to me. Ive been looking into getting a Heroquest or Descent type of game but im not too keen on paying the ebay prices for a beat up copy of an old game and the massive amount of Descent expansions is a bit overwhelming.
It would be nice to get in at the start of a similar game system, im looking forward to more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Senarios? Sounds like Decent.

Not a bad idea, I though they would have done something similar sooner.

I was kinda hoping it was something self contained. Like what I hope Ravenloft would be.

Go into the castle, run around gathering clues and not dying, go to boss monster area and die/kill it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommended this to them at the Gencon seminar a few years ago(the year they showed the Gelatanious Cube mini). When they were asking for questions I asked them why they didn't do a board game like Warhammer Quest for the minis, seeing as how (at the time) Warhammer Quest was selling for $180 because people really wanted a game to fill this niche.

Just goes to show that they do listen to their customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if this is based on the deluxe campaign boxed set called "Dragon Mountain"? That was an elaborate set with player handouts, maps, posters and cardstock playing pieces for the Monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the available info, there is a 80%+ chance that I will be buying this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vanderzee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it is compatible with the Castle Ravenloft game coming out in August. Excitement building...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Bedlam
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
It's not a bad idea. I like Descent fine, but the price tag for the boxed set is hefty, even discounting the expansions.

These D&D games seem to be cheaper, and would seem to have all the appeal points Descent has...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolinho dos Santos
msg tools
Certainly sounds interesting anyway. Heroquest was a braw game, and it would seem this one will move on from there and introduce a nice random element alongside some scenario play.

Looking forward to this and Castle Ravenloft. Can see the wife being a bit less than pleased when i explain where the ~£100 got to whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vanderzee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email from amazon saying the release date for this was pushed back until December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The date at wizards in their product line was either November or December, that's for sure.

Just checked. Novemeber 16, 2010.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.