Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just recently finished a game last night, but I had two questions that I wanted to clarify about the Near East.

1. Can any CP or Allies units (armies or corps) launch an attack in the Near East or is it only restricted to armies?

2. If the Russian army is cutoff from the Caucasus, can it be supplied through the MEF bridgehead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers:

If an AP or CP unit can be in the NE, it can attack. Note, however, the limitations on how many NE spaces can be activated for Attack by the AP.

Note that Russians can only be supplied from "eastern" supply sources, and not from London. The only kind of supply that can come in through the MEF bridgehead is by sea from London, and thus it does not help Russian armies (though it could keep spaces put under AP control by Russian units from converting to CP control.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I figured the same thing, but I wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.