Our big holiday splurge this year was a crokinole board for
Justin Ring
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

His favorite was the Walnut Sunburst version of the Eagle from http://www.crokinole.com so I made a call to Mr. Crokinole in Canada and got things rolling. Mr. Kelly returned my call quickly and was a pleasure to deal with. The board was very carefully packaged and arrived in beautiful condition.

I was surprised that we couldn't find any images of it on BGG. It really is a gorgeous board. Eventually we'll get it hung up on the wall, but right now it is hanging out on the kitchen table. We have been playing a game or two almost every day.

Try not to be jealous of the yellow formica kitchen table. thumbsup

Really love the sunburst pattern.

Oops! surprise

We plan on ordering some extra discs from Mr. Crokinole. The cherry and slate grey set should look very nice with this board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really great. Enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mellott
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sunburst pattern really does make this board gorgeous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Executive Walnut Sunburst model, and they truly are beautiful boards. Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a very beautiful board.
I get the impression from the websites that a starburst eagle costs in the high $300US, Regular eagle boards are in the high $200US and Hilinski standard boards cost $200. I understand the higher cost for snburst vs regular in regards to labor costs and asthetics of the products. What I would like to know is, is there a significant difference in the quality of the boards between Mr Crokinole and Hilinski in regards to consistancy and gameplay to explain the price difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.