Dungeon Dwellers' Fantasy Boardgame» Forums » News

Subject: Revised 2nd Edition has been released. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone's been waiting, the Revised 2nd Edition of Dungeon Dwellers has been released:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=78589

Looks fun, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up and the link. Just saw this and went and bought it. Looks great. Can't wait to get it printed and get started.

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hurlburt
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, this does look interesting. I'd be very interested in your opinion/review/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know what the differences to the 1st edition are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the 1st Editon existed as anything more than a concept.

Empty Room Studios later took over and released a 2nd edition playtest version which had amazing artwork but the rules were a terrible mess (even for a playtest version).

I can not comment on the revised second edition because buyers of the playtest version were not given an upgrade unless they posted on their forums (which I didn't do), but according to Frank Walls (one of the new designers) a lot of changes have been made.

Now considering I already paid full price for the playtest version I currently do not feel like spending money on the product again unless I get some info on the new rules first.
So I'm hoping for some reviews soon, there were some interesting ideas in the playtest version and I would like to see how these turned out out in something they considered as final release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knights Crimson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Just to clear up some confusion, I wanted to let you know the 1st Edition of the "Dungeon Dwellers Fantasy Boardgame" did, indeed, exist. I (John Walborn) was the author of that work and the proprieter of Dungeon Dwellers Guild Games under which it was e-published on RPGNow. The cover with the green orcish guy was the cover to my original version of the game.

When I closed the doors of DDG Games in 2008, I sold the rights to this game to Empty Room Studios. They are responsible for the redesign and re-release of the concept.

The 2nd Edition game is ENTIRELY different from mine. My version of the game was halfway between a role-playing game and a boardgame, much deeper and more involved than Empty Room version you guys are talking about now. They upgraded the art a great deal from the black and white fare I offered and simplified the rules to something more befitting the pure "board game" niche.

I know I'm a little late to the conversation, just wanted to put the facts of the matter on paper for posterity if nothing else...

Thanks for listening,

John Walborn
Knights Crimson Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.