Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
So I just had a game where not only did I have the strongest Produce Consume setup I've ever had but I ended up winning by 1 good and 1 card.

I was playing 2 player non-advanced with goals against the AI so I won't go blow by blow. Basically I started with heavy blue brown but due to bad luck neither the blue/brown or production world bonus's were in.

Here is the board on the final turn.

On the previous develop I've thrown down FTA but I'm still down by 4 points since the AI thew Down Falactic Federation for a lot of points. This hurts a lot since before this the AI had almost 0 consume power.

Final turn is 2x for us both. AI can consume 3 goods for a card and a point, 1 for 2 cards and a point and draws a card. This brings the AI's total score to 51 with 9 cards on hand (note the AI glitched and actually consumed it's brown good to GF rather than IBGC which would have been better.)

I have 7 goods on hand. 3 blue ones can be traded to FTA for 3 points and 3 cards. Galactic studios and resort can take my green and brown good for another point and a card each. After consuming 2 cards from my hand at merchant world I have the 12 points necessary to match the score. I've drawn 6 cards and discarded 2 which would bring my card in hand total to 8 with 2 novelty goods left over.

At the time I didn't know that goods on worlds counted for tiebreaker so this actually would be enough for me to win right now but I have the all powerful trade league on my side. I also have an unnaturally large number of trade powers. TL is actually worth 8 points for me which is unnaturally high. everything but Space port adds to Novelty goods allowing me to trade them for 11 cards (2 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 =11), Brown can be traded for 9 cards while green goes for 8. In fact in the second half of the game there was never 2 turns in a row where I didn't have 10 cards in hand. I even had 26 cards in hand at one point (I was looking for 6 devs so explore +5? try trade (2 + 9) x 2 mah ha ha)

Off screen I have 2 more 6 devs worth 10 points each (New Economy and merchant's guild) but I obviously didn't get the chance to drop them.

Anyway I won with the game being much closer than I thought it might be. A full Produce consume gives me 12 points and 17 (15 after discard) cards. Easily the beset Produce/Consume setup I've ever had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.