Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...until my wife's official due date. (There's baby news all over chit-chat lately.)

She just said something about unusual and weird pains, but not exactly contractions.

Hmmmm... It's snowing... not exactly the preferred condition if I have to go to the hospital tonight. Fun. At least it isn't 2 feet or anything. I think we're basically ready to go. Now only if we can agree on a name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: T-minus 3 days and counting...
Today, our youngest turned 2 months old. Good luck and God bless!

Get plenty of sleep if you can...you're going to need it.

They make these drops that help babies that have gas bubbles...get it and use it. BTW, our baby caught a cold in late January and was having a hard time breathing. We didn't put the Vicks vapor rub on him (it might burn his delicate skin), but we did open the cap and hold it a few inches away from his nose and it gave him relief. I noticed that he was having bubbles due to the congestion, so I read the package for the gas bubble medicine and the way it works is to reduce surface tension on the bubbles so they pop easier. We gave him a dose and the congestion eased considerably. Just a thought to help out.

Oh yeah. Get some of those soft foam ear plugs. When you hold a crying baby just inches from your ear...and you are tired from lack of sleep...and frustrated because you have run through your list of fixes and nothing seems to work (sometimes a baby just needs to cry it out - like when they are over tired or over stimulated)...the ear plugs will protect your hearing and also help you stay calm and tolerate the crying much better. You aren't ignoring your baby, you are just giving yourself an aid to tolerate the crying better and that will help you care for the baby better.

Hang in there.

There is no way to describe the wonderful feeling you get when your baby looks up at you with its big trusting eyes...your whole world changes and you will do anything to make sure your baby is OK. Love is just a word and it can't describe what you will feel for your sweet little baby. I know that I feel like I could move heaven and earth to protect my little ones.

I don't know if you are a religious person, but I have found comfort and inspiration in prayer and in trusting that there is a God that watches over us and helps us. It's good to have a moral compass in life and it's good to pass one on to your children.

Ok, that's enough from me...probably too much. Drive safe to the hospital...it isn't like TV or the movies...it takes time for a woman to dialate...so be careful and drive regular, not crazy.

Good luck!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thank goodness. I was expecting an Olympics thread.

Good luck with it. Just don't pick Moose (not in this year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

Congrats and good luck.

As for the drops Coldwarrior was mentioning, we use one called Mylicon, and yes, you should buy these. The work for gas on either end--of course it takes a little longer to work if it's the bottom end.

My suggestion to get the wife to agree on a name, have one suggestion that you want, and another so ridiculous that there's no way your wife would ever want it. Really push the "crazy" choice, but act as if you'd settle for the one you truly want.

Or you could just find a first/middle name combination that goes well together. My wife wanted our daughter to be named Riley, and when I called her "Riley Danger," she thought the combination went well, and was unique. So now Danger is her middle name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

So far, no "official" contractions. She thinks it's more braxton-hicks stuff. Nothing painful yet, but lots of warning signs that something may happen soon. So much for sleeping tonight.

It took us forever to name our first two. (yep, this is number 3... We will be outnumbered soon) So, I'm not entirely surprised by this. I think we have a first name. The middle name is still up for debate. We'll see what happens. We always like to see them before we name them.

Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
Drive safe to the hospital...it isn't like TV or the movies...it takes time for a woman to dialate...so be careful and drive regular, not crazy.

We plan to get to the hospital much soon than our last one. My wife was fully dialated when we got there... ooops. That's not something we want to repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
tbass77 wrote:
(yep, this is number 3... We will be outnumbered soon)

You're supplied, they're not, which means their combat factors are halved to 1.5, vs. your 2. If they attack, the odds get simplified in your favor, to 1:2. You also get a column shift for leadership, so 1:3. That's near suicidal for them. The only way they could possibly get you is if they surround you, but your larger movement factors should preclude that.
OTOH, whenever you decide to attack, you'll get a guaranteed Defender Retreats.
The odds won't really shift until they're in their early teens, when you lose the leadership and the movement advantage.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that this year will be know as the Chit Chat Baby Boom year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. I thought with the snow and the unusual feelings it was going to start last night.

as my wife states it... "you're cooked, now get out!"

I truly understand the convenience of a scheduled c-section. Yes, I know it will happen, when it's suppose to... blah, blah, blah. Just being impatient.

Well, it's game night tonight and I am hoping to attend. I figure it will start about half way though it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.