Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a two chit Chameleon expansion for Exotic avalable on Michael;s web site but the rules are in German. Any one care to translate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
post a link and i'll try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://michaelschacht.net/p/zooNews3.pdf it's the article on page 3 called "Die Varianten-Seite: Das Chamäleon"

Lars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my best attempt:

The card game Coloretto was the inspiration for the development of the board game Zooloretto. The beautifully illustrated Coloretto Chameleon plays a role again now as a small expansion for Zooloretto. The Chameleon is an extension for 2 to 5 players and is playable only in the combination of Zooloretto with Zooloretto Exotic!

Pregame preparation:
Before playing, the two Chameleons should be cut out along the dotted line and attached to two of the blank tiles which are included in Zooloretto exotic. A steel ruler or measured cutting instrument is recommended.

The usual Zooloretto Exotic rules apply with the following additions:

Play preparation:
The two Chameleon tiles are added into the starting square tiles.
The usual play preparations apply from now on.

GAME PLAY changes:

Take a Delivery Truck and Pass for the Rest of the Round:
If a player puts a Chameleon into his zoo, he must follow the following placement rules:

* A Chameleon may be only be placed on any free field of the jungle board.
* On a player’s jungle board, he may place at most 3 jungle animal types.
* If the player does not want or cannot place a jungle animal on the jungle board, he must place it in the barn.

Visitors pull and exchange:
Each time a player places a Chameleon into his zoo, the player takes a visitor from the supply in the color of his choice. In addition, he may subsequently exchange (if he would like and can) a visitor in his zoo with a visitor of another color from the supply.

Scoring:
A Chameleon on a jungle board scores 0 points like other animals in play on the jungle board.

I'm not sure if the langauge for the scoring is supposed to indicate that a Cameleon also counts as -2 points if in the barn at the end of the game or not. It could make sense that the Chameleon does not award negative points at the end of the game to show how it can blend in with it's surroundings and therefore should not be considered "in" the barn. This would seem to go along with the "visitor color change" aspect that it grants.

Hope this helps. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooloretto: Chameleon is now up as an expansion by itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.