Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
525 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Fire & Ice Con 2010 - A no-ship math trade - link to results posted on page 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2010 Fire & Ice convention (in Manitowoc, WI) is fast approaching (http://www.fireandiceconvention.com/), and our new tradition is to have a no-ship math trade. So here we go...

Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/51375/fire-ice-con-2010-ma...

Trade GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/50642/fire-ice-con-2010-a-...

Online Want List Generator use is required for creating your want lists. (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support)

If you have never used this tool before, please read this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

If you're still unsure, feel free to ask questions in the discussion thread.

Key dates (all times CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Monday, February 8th, 7:30pm to Tuesday, February 16th, 10pm.

Want list submission period: Tuesday, February 16th, 10pm to Friday, February 19th at 10pm.

Want lists and initial results will be publicly posted shortly thereafter.

Please note that errors made by you will not invalidate the results. You will be expected to honour your trades even if you made a mistake, so carefully review your lists before submitting them. You can make changes BEFORE the end of the submission period but not after it.

This event is open to anyone who wants to participate, but please note that this is a no-ship event. We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 27th at noon to exchange games traded and you'll either need to be in attendance or have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you at the meet-up.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 This is a no-shipping event. All exchanges are to be made at the Fire & Ice Con at noon. If you're a little late, it'll be fine but please try to not be too late as many of us will want to be judging or playing games. If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate but you must find someone who is willing to act as you proxy at the convention, taking your games there for you and picking up your "winnings".

d10-2 Gift certificates, Geekgold (GG), DVDs etc are all permitted.

d10-3 Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are NOT allowed. (i.e. You cannot put someone else's gift certificate entry on the want lists for a gift certificate you are offering in an attempt to "trade up", the same is true for GG).

d10-4 Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985).

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

d10-5 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

d10-6 Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

I have chosen the USERS-TRADING metric because it potentially increases the number of people taking part who make at least one trade, while not affecting the overall number of trades. This means that for this particular event, the order of the items on your want lists makes NO difference.

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Want list submission

You can start creating your want lists any time after the start of the event.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Submissions may be made at any time after 10pm on the 16th. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss the possibility of you submitting early.

Remember that you may have saved your want lists, but they have NOT been submitted until you press the green button in step 4 and received a confirming Geekmail.

You are not obliged to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it, or not submit one at all. If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honour any trade that the TradeMaximizer comes up with. You will not receive anything you did not list as acceptable for the game(s) you have offered, so it is important to check your want lists when they are posted publicly (see above dates), to correct any errors.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm an hour late posting something, please bear with me. Running one of these can be a fair bit of work, and running it without the OLWLG is twice as much work.

So enter lots of items and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con 2010 - A no-ship math trade
# MISSING 29 WANTS (4%) FROM 1 USER(s) (2.6%):
# oldfirebush (29)

248 trades so far, split between 36 people. We're at 35.9%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are here:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to act as a proxy for others at the exchange, i.e. bringing their games for the exchange and picking up for them, please let us know here.

Proxies allow more people to take part, and that means more trades for everyone, so your help is appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
I am willing to proxy as long as I don't end up being a Milwaukee delivery service. I will take the games to the con. I will pick up games from the con. I will also hold them for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cate108 wrote:
I am willing to proxy as long as I don't end up being a Milwaukee delivery service. I will take the games to the con. I will pick up games from the con. I will also hold them for you.

Cate, you are a Saint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:

As will I. Like Cate, I live on the East Side, but work in Mequon if that works better for anyone (I know one person for whom it does). I can also meet you somewhere "convenient", like at Cavalry Games on a weekend or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what is happening to me... maybe my game collection has reached its stasis point. shake

I look at games I might like then I look at games I own... and the thought appears "Maybe I should play the games I have before trading them away. I might like them better than those other games."

What do I do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
Cate108 wrote:

Cate, you are a Saint.

Not even close. Just ask my cat.

Thank you for the - It is so shiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of electronics and non-gaming stuff do you guys want to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
I don't know what is happening to me... maybe my game collection has reached its stasis point. shake

I look at games I might like then I look at games I own... and the thought appears "Maybe I should play the games I have before trading them away. I might like them better than those other games."

What do I do?

Ignore those thoughts and talk to the devil on your left shoulder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with Gary. If you've had it for a while and haven't played it, then perhaps there's a reason...?

Cate108 wrote:

Shall we just come over and pick stuff for you to enter? devil

Seriously though - what sorts of things were you thinking of? It's hard to say what we might be interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
I concur with Gary. If you've had it for a while and haven't played it, then perhaps there's a reason...?

Cate108 wrote:

Seriously though - what sorts of things were you thinking of? It's hard to say what we might be interested in.

Karaoke discs!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:

Cate108 wrote:

Sure.... here is a sampling:

Broken garage door opener
ShopVac
3-way light bulbs
Grumpy cat
Blender with a missing top
1/2 empty bottles of Windex

Anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new laptop? devil

I'm going to lose the monitor on mine any day now. I shouldn't complain too much considering it cost me one dollar about a year and a half ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
Sure.... here is a sampling:

Broken garage door opener
ShopVac
3-way light bulbs
Grumpy cat
Blender with a missing top
1/2 empty bottles of Windex

Anything else?

Windex - the all-purpose solution. Remember "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be the proxy for Gary H.

Albert, I can proxy for you as well. We live so close together that it only makes sense.

So folks will need to arrange pick-up or drop off by that Thursday night. the 25th. I'll be up there in Manitowoc for all three days of the con, staying overnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting to see Cate's furniture get listed.

I actually may list some other stuff like that, seriously. If I list the items of furniture I am interested in unloading (antiques) I won't be hauling them to Manitowoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a few people ask me if I was entering the math trade, and I might.

But I am not going to list all my games for trade - it just takes to fricking long and I am having great success selling them for cash.

If anyone sees anything on my list they want listed, shoot me an email and I'll list it. Time is just to tight for me now to do everything and all that.

Jack, I am your man for all your computing needs. I got PC, monitors and laptops. I just sold 6 for 100 bucks each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhawk2300 wrote:
I've had a few people ask me if I was entering the math trade, and I might.

But I am not going to list all my games for trade - it just takes to fricking long and I am having great success selling them for cash.

If anyone sees anything on my list they want listed, shoot me an email and I'll list it. Time is just to tight for me now to do everything and all that.

Looks like you sold the one thing I was interested in - Planet Steam, but I hope others will make requests from your list. It'll be good to have you on board...

Quote:
Jack, I am your man for all your computing needs. I got PC, monitors and laptops. I just sold 6 for 100 bucks each.

We need to talk. I'm in the market for laptop and a PC (laptop is more urgent, I think). I'll send you a GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhawk2300 wrote:
-it just takes to fricking long and I am having great success selling them for cash.

Wow. Really? I see you've sold one game here in the Marketplace.

I find the bgg marketplace and selling games (ebay or not) much more time-consuming and annoying than Math Trades & trading, particularly when we're talking about a face-to-face trade without shipping costs.

I've had little success selling games for what they were worth consistently in the marketplace. It's really spotty. And eBay is a shadow of what it once was. My prolific days there are over.

Plus, local trades are a blast. The entries are fun to read and folks are really great to deal with.

-C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, insomnia plus a purge mentality have led me to post some more things, and particularly odd outside of the scope items.

I keep hearing Columbo in my head, "There is just one more thing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Okay, insomnia plus a purge mentality have led me to post some more things, and particularly odd outside of the scope items.

172 items so far and really nice overall quality, still plenty of time to add items too.

What a great start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
anglotiger wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

172 items so far and really nice overall quality, still plenty of time to add items too.

What a great start.

Definitely. I'll be adding about 50 games later today too. Let's keep this thing going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

What a great start.

Definitely. I'll be adding about 50 games later today too. Let's keep this thing going!

Excellent Albert!

This has been a blast already, much better than a wintry one, LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.