Ke7in11
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I grew up in Philly and South Jersey, and was wondering if there were any largish meetups or convention type events that occur in the area. I'm wondering about events that would be along the same sizes as CABS in Ohio. I'm lucky to be in L.A. where there are 3 major cons (for the area) a year and the comic book and sci-fi convention every month, as well as Frank & Sons twice a week.

Just wondering for 2 reasons:

1) In case I'm ever home at the same time, and
2) I have a friend with a pretty large venue who might be looking to rent it for these types of events.

Just wondering. Thanks,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Engelstein
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a convention in East Brunswick (More North NJ, but still close) called Dex Con/Dreamation. Dex Con is in the Summer, while Dreamation is only two weeks away. That is the only major game convention I know of in the area. The only other suggestion I would have is to meet up with someone in the area for some gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ke7in11
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
East Brunswick is a bit further north than I was looking for, Brian, but thanks.

Matt - how many people do you have on a typical week? Center City would be right in my wheelhouse. My folks live right across the Ben Franklin bridge. Plus, there's places to eat and drink in Center City. The playlist is very cool, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Evans
United States
West Berlin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ke7in11 wrote:
Hi folks,

I grew up in Philly and South Jersey, and was wondering if there were any largish meetups or convention type events that occur in the area. I'm wondering about events that would be along the same sizes as CABS in Ohio. I'm lucky to be in L.A. where there are 3 major cons (for the area) a year and the comic book and sci-fi convention every month, as well as Frank & Sons twice a week.

2) I have a friend with a pretty large venue who might be looking to rent it for these types of events.

Just wondering. Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

I own All Things Fun! a game & comic store in West Berlin, NJ (just minutes outside of Philadelphia, PA on Route 73.) We host our weekly open game night every Wednesday that attracts gamers from all over the region. Depending on the evening we get anywhere from 20 to 60 players depending on what is going on in the world. (And you won't find a nicer bunch of people!)

You are welcome to stop in anytime or check us out on the web: www.allthingsfun.net

We are also talking about hosting a convention in the region so please have your friend send along his venue details. Please have him e-mail me at: edevans(at)allthingsfun(dot)net.

Thanks,
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
Toys, Games, Comics & Adventure
185 C Route 73 N
West Berlin, NJ 08091
(856)719-1414
www.allthingsfun.net

Check out The All Things Fun! Podcast
www.allthingsfun.net/podcast or on iTunes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ke7in11
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed,

I've been home twice in the last year, and both times I wasn't able to make it out to your store. Hopefully I'll make it out there next time home. (You're very close to my parents.)

Thanks for contacting me. I'll send your info on to my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ke7in11
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On second thought, Brian, East Brunswick isn't that far, I suppose. Perhaps I'll make it out there one day. Thanks for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Dex/Dreamation has moved to Morristown, over half an hour north of East Brunswick. That's now Northern Jersey, and over an hour and a half drive from Philly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also UberCon is Edison, NJ (www.ubercon.com). Unfortunately, I don't think anything in NJ is as good as the Strategicon conventions.

Also, the World Boardgaming Championships in Lancaster, PA (www.boardgamers.org) is that far of a drive from the Philly area, if you're into tournaments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who haven't been, this is a wonderful, friendly, and knowledgable game store with a great selection.

Justin

All_Things_Fun wrote:
Ke7in11 wrote:
Hi folks,

Just wondering. Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

I own All Things Fun! a game & comic store in West Berlin, NJ (just minutes outside of Philadelphia, PA on Route 73.) We host our weekly open game night every Wednesday that attracts gamers from all over the region. Depending on the evening we get anywhere from 20 to 60 players depending on what is going on in the world. (And you won't find a nicer bunch of people!)

You are welcome to stop in anytime or check us out on the web: www.allthingsfun.net

We are also talking about hosting a convention in the region so please have your friend send along his venue details. Please have him e-mail me at: edevans(at)allthingsfun(dot)net.

Thanks,
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
Toys, Games, Comics & Adventure
185 C Route 73 N
West Berlin, NJ 08091
(856)719-1414
www.allthingsfun.net

Check out The All Things Fun! Podcast
www.allthingsfun.net/podcast or on iTunes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.