Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

HeroCard: Rise of the Shogun» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does Ancestral Prayer Card work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Have LOTS of questions and have decided to post them separately to avoid a lengthy post.

1.Ancestral Prayer;
"Draw 3 cards. If this puts you over your hand size limit, discard down to 7 cards during the next Discard Phase."

As this is a 'FAST' action card can I play it during an opponents action phase if the opponent does NOT play any cards during their action phase.
If so when.
Or must I be attacked or attacking to play this?

Having played it may I ONLY discard down to SEVEN cards during my next Discard Phase, therefore I could NOT draw cards, or may I discard as many as I wish and draw up to three cards as usual.

Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kihon wrote:
Have LOTS of questions and have decided to post them separately to avoid a lengthy post.


Thanks for that.

Quote:
1.Ancestral Prayer;
"Draw 3 cards. If this puts you over your hand size limit, discard down to 7 cards during the next Discard Phase."

As this is a 'FAST' action card can I play it during an opponents action phase if the opponent does NOT play any cards during their action phase.
If so when.
Or must I be attacked or attacking to play this?


Yes, you can play it during another player's Action Phase. Any time during another player's Action Phase.

Quote:
Having played it may I ONLY discard down to SEVEN cards during my next Discard Phase, therefore I could NOT draw cards, or may I discard as many as I wish and draw up to three cards as usual.


You discard down to 7 (if you still have more than 7).

Then discard as many more as you like as normal, allowing you to be able to draw up to three as normal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulemonger wrote:
Kihon wrote:


Quote:
1.Ancestral Prayer;
"Draw 3 cards. If this puts you over your hand size limit, discard down to 7 cards during the next Discard Phase."

As this is a 'FAST' action card can I play it during an opponents action phase if the opponent does NOT play any cards during their action phase.
If so when.
Or must I be attacked or attacking to play this?


Yes, you can play it during another player's Action Phase. Any time during another player's Action Phase.

The player whose turn it is always gets to take the first action/play the first card (or legal combo) on their own turn. Then other players then have an opportunity to respond.

If the active player chooses to pass or not take an action then other players can play cards.

I believe we clarified this in the Orc Wars rules

Peter
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Again thanks for your replies.

Peteloaf wrote:
The player whose turn it is always gets to take the first action/play the first card (or legal combo) on their own turn. Then other players then have an opportunity to respond.

If the active player chooses to pass or not take an action then other players can play cards.

The active player may take actions and not pass but may chose, initially, not to play cards.....
I believe that within the board game the action phase of the card game is replaced by;
Move Hero
Hero Phase
Court Phase
so it's Sams "action" phase;

Sam "I'm moving my Hero here adjacent to your Hero and one of your peasants"
Nin "OK so are you attacking either"
"No"
"OK I'm playing Ancestral Prayer"
"OK, my court phase, I'm converting with this peasant devil"
"Ahh, not fair, I've tied up some of my attributes already cry"

so depending on what the opponent does and when, it would be disadvantageous to play this card until the END of their court phase.

E.G. Opponent Moves Hero; does not attack my hero or peasant so plays no cards; I play 'Ancestral Prayer'; opponent converts in court phase; I now have attributes tied up.
So this card, when played on another players turn, should only be played at the end of their turn but in a 2 player game that's the start of the other players turn surprise

Peteloaf wrote:
I believe we clarified this in the Orc Wars rules

Don't have this one. Got the 1st three others though, on the strength of Shogun, haven't played them yet snore
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.