Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7. Placing Shrines AFTER Searching;
The rules state for initial board setup;
"There must be at least 1 empty space between each Shrine and any other Shrine, Castle, or Heian."
During play heroes or peasants can become adjacent to shrines so when placing shrines AFTER Searching can they be placed adjacent to heroes or peasants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer your questions, but maybe next time post everything in one big, question-filled post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kihon wrote:
7. Placing Shrines AFTER Searching;
The rules state for initial board setup;
"There must be at least 1 empty space between each Shrine and any other Shrine, Castle, or Heian."
During play heroes or peasants can become adjacent to shrines so when placing shrines AFTER Searching can they be placed adjacent to heroes or peasants?

No. You remove the shrine form the board and hand it to the player on your right. That player places it on any legal space. At this point in the rules, the rules remind you: "(Remember that there must be at least one empty space between a Shrine and any other game piece or Heian.)" (p.11)

And, FWIW, I appreciate your using separate topics for separate questions (topics). It makes looking through the rulings (to find an answer later) much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes yes yes - Once again I see that L. Scott Johnson is all over the Shogun Rules. Fantastic!

Can you put the shrine on another piece that has all adjacent empty spaces? No. The space the Shrine is placed on an all adjacent spaces must be empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again to both of you for quick reply... however

Peteloaf wrote:
Can you put the shrine on another piece .......

Eh.....
I didn't say that laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kihon wrote:
Eh.....
I didn't say that laugh

That was my internal dialog spilling out! I am always thinking about what else can go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Peteloaf wrote:
Yes yes yes - Once again I see that L. Scott Johnson is all over the Shogun Rules. Fantastic!

Can you put the shrine on another piece that has all adjacent empty spaces? No. The space the Shrine is placed on an all adjacent spaces must be empty.

So what happens in a crowded 4 player landscape when there are no legal placements for a Shrine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.