Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
We are in the process of making new solo scenarios. Please tell us the elements you enjoyed in the current solo scenarios. Let us know, as well, any special requests or battles on the Western Front 1944-1945 that you would be interested in. We are thinking on linking a few together to create a solo campaign. Any interest in that? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moonho KIM
South Korea
Seoul
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, great!!! and thanks for a wonderful game~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua 龙海峰 Hockaday
China
常常在三台,绵阳 (Santai, Mianyang) 有时候在成都(Chengdu)
四川 (Sichuan)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is still in the mail (takes awhile to get to China) but I am definitely interested in solo play since that is probably the only way I will play. A campaign game sounds great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Funny...since the game was made in China..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo-Champaign is a great Idea, i would appreciate that. Thinking about Scenarios...(but not too much because i have other work to do u know ;-) )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,some sort of a campaign game would be great.My main concern is that the solo player only plays one side and that is the way it is,at least in the Metz scenario.This is good.If possible,would like to see this continue.I've only played the Metz scenario so far,but I like what I see.

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enfield
msg tools
ckroegel wrote:
We are in the process of making new solo scenarios. Please tell us the elements you enjoyed in the current solo scenarios. Let us know, as well, any special requests or battles on the Western Front 1944-1945 that you would be interested in. We are thinking on linking a few together to create a solo campaign. Any interest in that? Thank you.

I really enjoy the fact that the game can be played both two player and solo. So many two player games are no fun to play solo, but Panzer General is fun in solo mode. The thing I like best about the solo scenarios is that the scenario gives you rules for how the non-player side is supposed to move and fight. That prevents a player from falling into the problem that plagues most attempts to play board games solo: cheating (intentionally or subconsciously) so that the non-player side plays so poorly that the player side wins. I also like way that the scenarios show you how to lay out the map tiles and place the beginning units. It is concise and easy to understand.

I love having the scenarios of the famous WWII battles in the game, but would also love to see some of the lesser known battles that featured tank support. I wish I could come up with some battle names, but I can't think of any during 1944-45. There had to be some that aren't featured in most of the documentaries, movies and history books though. Those "forgotten" battles are the ones I'd most like to see included in the game.

I'd love to see a solo campaign! A person can kind of string together individual battles in chronological order now, but if there was a way to set up a campaign so that the results of one battle the player goes through could have some sort of impact on what the player can do in the next battle in the campaign and so on, that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think it would be possible to make solitaire scenarios based on the U.S. units' encounters during Operation Market Garden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
bikerboy wrote:
Yeah,some sort of a campaign game would be great.My main concern is that the solo player only plays one side and that is the way it is,at least in the Metz scenario.This is good.If possible,would like to see this continue.I've only played the Metz scenario so far,but I like what I see.

bikerboy

When designing the board game, we built in the fact that we wanted to bring in ideas and considerations directly from the community. You're the ones playing the game after all!

While we started the monthly scenario feature with our first tournament release, I saw a lot of interest here about single player scenarios, so we switched gears for the next one .

We have a few ideas on developing a campaign of single player scenarios that balance both sides. Also, since more of you are getting the game in your hands, would you be interested in a contest to develop a scenario?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Stueck
United States
Kankakee
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in a Solo campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Friberg
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd really like to see varied movement and engagement rules for the non-player. I've only played Metz yet, but having all units but three static was too easy. More dynamic non-player behaviour would be good.

Thanks for a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Great Dalmuti
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solo scenarios would be great.
but first i have to go through the english rules...
i am used to read german rules. so if there are german rules: very welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Tobias: German Rules will be available soon, i´m assigned to do the translation and already working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A solo campaign would be great. The only thing that should be cleared out a bit, is the confusion about some situations mentioned in other threads (especially concerning placement and movement of non-player cards). You could maybe make some kind of update for the solo rules when bringing out the new solo campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Great Dalmuti
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice news.
its much easier in mothers language!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd like ones where the options are more limited than in the standard game. In other words, where the card available to each side are limited to those that might seem "realistic" to the particular scenario, and therefore I guess the luck element is a little reduced and the strategy/tactics required increased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.