Popular Tags: [View All]
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This may not be an actual rules question but it relates to rules questions so I put it in here hoping someone from Tablestar will see it and maybe act on it

So to any Tablestar employees;
As I said in another post;
Considering all the rules questions posts and the fact that Tablestar have such a nice website with downloadable rules and flash demos etc; would it not be a simple matter to post up rules errata or even an edited pdf of the rules with clarifications and errors fixed.

A collated FAQ from the posts here would do wonders

Great game though, highly recommended and if they make available nice clear error free rules I give it an 8 out of 10 cats prefer it thumbsup

NB:
Your HOME page does not have any links to your other pages on your site so if you click on 'Home' on your site or you search for 'Tablestar Games' and go to your 'Home' page you cannot EASILY navigate to any of your other (nicer and better!!) pages. I emailed this fact to you a while back but its still broken cry
I nearly didn't get any of your games due to this as when I initially found your site and could not navigate to anywhere from the home page I thought you were out of business (I now own five of your games!!!!) laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kihon wrote:
Hello,
Considering all the rules questions posts and the fact that Tablestar have such a nice website with downloadable rules and flash demos etc; would it not be a simple matter to post up rules errata or even an edited pdf of the rules with clarifications and errors fixed.

A collated FAQ from the posts here would do wonders

Hi Ciaran,

I would love to have a consolidated FAQ for Rise of the shogun. I am pretty sure that I do not have time to do it. Will you do it for me? I can pay you in TableStar games product. It seems like we have a few more titles that you don't have.

Kihon wrote:

Your HOME page does not have any links to your other pages on your site so if you click on 'Home' on your site or you search for 'Tablestar Games' and go to your 'Home' page you cannot EASILY navigate to any of your other (nicer and better!!) pages. I emailed this fact to you a while back but its still broken cry

The BGG links go to an old TableStar site. The new site is almost done and we should have this mess cleaned up very soon.

Thanks, Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmhhh......
Free games surprise
Was considering doing it anyway but if anybody deserves credit its L. Scott Johnson; I merely asked the questions, he answers most of them, even if he gets the odd one wrong

Wasn't talking about a link from BGG, was meaning if you google Tablestar games and choose the www.tablestargames.com result you end up on a page with nowhere else to go. Same if your on the 'proper' site and happen to click 'Home'.
Anyway I'm sure you're all on top of it, maybe why that's why ya's don't have time to correct/clarify your rules laugh

Still, Herocard Rise of the Shogun is brill kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the report from the warehouse this morning and the Prince is down to 70 boxes. It was at 72 last month. It will be the first TableStar product to ever sell out.

I am especially gratified because I always thought it was the best of all the 24 Heroes that we created. Making the opponent discard just cant be beat.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kihon wrote:
Was considering doing it anyway but if anybody deserves credit its L. Scott Johnson; I merely asked the questions, he answers most of them, even if he gets the odd one wrong

Yes - After reading all the responses I was reminded that L. Scott has been answering the HeroCard questions forever. The credit is richly deserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

would it be possible to make this one http://www.tablestargames.com/flash/shogun.html

downloadable?

Greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dosto wrote:
would it be possible to make this one http://www.tablestargames.com/flash/shogun.html
downloadable?

I can go to that folder
http://www.tablestargames.com/flash/

See a listing, right mouse on Shogun.swf, and click Save As.
You will then have the file. You can drag it onto a browser to play it back.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or now, you can just go to tablestargames.com/shogun and check out all the info you need about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought you guys went out of business or maybe just dropped the HeroCard series. Glad to see you're still alive.

I notice you don't list HeroCard Cyberspace on your website anymore. Did that one fail? I had a soft spot for that one even tho I couldn't get my wife to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyber is going to be added to the site again.

Personally I feel like the map tiles, pawns and rules for the board game were fantastic. I think that the HeroCard implmentation came out a little problematic. Both the cryptomancer and bioengineer are outside the regular parameters of what a deck should include.

Do you like the decks as they are in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't actually own it. I've only demoed it. So I couldn't say. Still, the beauty of the HeroCard system is if some decks are broken I can just use other decks... say Ninja vs Paladin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and as much as I agree that the implementation is great, what really hooks me is the art. I feel like I'm playing Tron the boardgame. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.