Popular Tags: [View All]
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Would love to find a copy, but I can't find any news on this anywhere whether it's ever being reprinted. With its relatively high rating, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be. I know I can grab it for $80-90 on BGG marketplace, but it'd be nice to know what its future is before i did that. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
If they reprint and do what they did to the new Reef Encounter, I would stick to the original rather than buy a new edition. The Artwork in Keythedral (and the original Reef Encounter) is very nice and elegant. Having said that, I don't know if I would spend that much on Keythedral. Its a nice game, but there are better worker placement games IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
If they reprint and do what they did to the new Reef Encounter, I would stick to the original rather than buy a new edition. The Artwork in Keythedral (and the original Reef Encounter) is very nice and elegant. Having said that, I don't know if I would spend that much on Keythedral. Its a nice game, but there are better worker placement games IMO.

I'm not sure I would call it a "nice" game. But it sure is a fun game! I wish the OP good luck in finding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:

I really can't stand the handdrawn art on the original Reef and on the Key games. I'd much rather have something that looks sharp and clean. The art is kind of bland for me. That said, if they reprinted Keythedral with the original art that would be fine with me. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim K wrote:

Would love to find a copy, but I can't find any news on this anywhere whether it's ever being reprinted. With its relatively high rating, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be. I know I can grab it for $80-90 on BGG marketplace, but it'd be nice to know what its future is before i did that. Anyone?
There are no plans at present to re-issue any of the R&D Games. For me publishing the games is a hobby and I would prefer to make new titles than to re-issue old titles. It is always possible that another company may want to republish the game, but at the moment there is nothing planned. If I did re-issue the game then there would likely be some changes made. Sorry to disappoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
Jim K wrote:

There are no plans at present to re-issue any of the R&D Games. For me publishing the games is a hobby and I would prefer to make new titles than to re-issue old titles. It is always possible that another company may want to republish the game, but at the moment there is nothing planned. If I did re-issue the game then there would likely be some changes made. Sorry to disappoint.

What kind of changes Richard (if I may be so bold)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
Jim K wrote:

Well here's hoping that it will eventually be re-published. Our friend's copy is a popular game with us and a lot of the people we know love it. Either way thanks for the reply, how awesome is it that the game's designer took the time to answer my BGG post cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim K wrote:
Richard Breese wrote:
Jim K wrote:

Well here's hoping that it will eventually be re-published. Our friend's copy is a popular game with us and a lot of the people we know love it. Either way thanks for the reply, how awesome is it that the game's designer took the time to answer my BGG post cool

Richard always does a good job of responding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbuckingham wrote:
Richard always does a good job of responding.
Thanks. Tries to.
mbuckingham wrote:
What kind of changes Richard (if I may be so bold)?
Possibly enhancing the building tiles so that they confer some benefit to the purchaser in addition to VPs. But don't hold your breath. Too much work and hopefully a new game or two do do first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The changes sound interesting (abilities associated with point tiles). Of course I'm still really hoping for a re-release of Keywood and Keytown before Keythedral as these games are impossible to secure copies of. As for the availability of Keythedral, it is MUCH easier to find copies of. I see them occasionally online and even in brick & mortar stores even as recently as the past few months. Since I already own a copy and am not a game seller, I don't pay too close attention to quantities, prices etc. Good luck finding one, it's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't know if you're still looking for a copy, but apparently ludibay.net have them for a reasonable price, even though it is french version, between spending $80-$90 or print it yourself some paste up for law cards and the rulebook, i'd choose the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you work for Ludibay or something, because for one day only this is down to 12 euros! I've been after this game for ages, so jumped straight in on that, total including postage was £19, absolute bargain - even if the game is in French, translations here and schoolboy french will see me through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haha,
no i don't work for ludibay, and the same thing happened to me too,
i've been looking for this game with reasonable price for years, somehow i visited the site, saw the game and its price, and my mind went blank, and the next thing i know my credit card was charged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.