Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Blichar
United States
Lansing
N/A
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed pictures and comments involving sets of black and white pieces on here. Where the heck are people getting these from? Just buying an extra set and painting them?

Just wondering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the 6th player expansions. I believe the first one produced was white plastic, then the second one was black plastic. Here is a link to Funagain's purchase pages (but they are out of them right now):

http://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=017958

http://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=018386

My FLGS still has some of the black plastic copies in stock.
(And now they are sold out after I sent several people their way... sorry!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb

Played this game for the first time last night. What a blast. Really enjoyed it. Can't believe I let it gather dust for a year before finally playing it.

Now I'd love to have a 6th player set. Figures I waited so long that I missed the boat, can't imagine they'd do another production run.

From now on I'm reading the rules and playing the games when I buy them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, you could order the black ones from Eagle games directly (it looks like you can only order replacements now).

The white ones were available as some sort of promotion IIRC - like for folks that pre-ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
Once upon a time, you could order the black ones from Eagle games directly (it looks like you can only order replacements now).

The white ones were available as some sort of promotion IIRC - like for folks that pre-ordered.

10 bucks isn't bad. Maybe I'll get the blue ones and take a can of primer to them. Was thinking about doing a little bit of painting anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally, the black pieces were a pre-order bonus to North American buyers, and the white pieces for U.K. (maybe all of Europe) buyers.

At times, they were available to purchase separately from Eagle Games, but they have been out of stock for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're fortunate, they may make more of the color that will be used with the expansion that's supposed to come out this summer. Whatever you do, make sure it's the same color as the expansion (can't recall what color that was anymore - should be in one of the threads underneath the entry for the expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
If we're fortunate, they may make more of the color that will be used with the expansion that's supposed to come out this summer. Whatever you do, make sure it's the same color as the expansion (can't recall what color that was anymore - should be in one of the threads underneath the entry for the expansion).

The new expansion color is going to be purple according to Drover. Unfortunate. I wanted black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my black pieces at Essen 2008 for 7 euros (about 10 dollars).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a yellow set from Eaglegames for $9.50 and spraypainted it white. When they make an expansion, I can either spraypaint the expansion pieces white or repaint the white pieces purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.