Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with White Moon, we seem to have pretty well mastered Ghost Stories on Hell with +4 ghosts (as suggested in the Gaurdhouse expansion). We figured it was time to go another step to what I shall call Doom level of difficulty.

We added in an extra incarnation, for five incarnations of Wu-Feng. We followed the same pattern as normal, alternating 10 ghosts then an incarnation, with 15 ghosts on top.

This gives one extra incarnation and an extra 10 ghosts. It made us sweat a bit more!

Any other good ideas for upping the difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sure: start the game with 12 incarnations of Wu Feng already out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Any other good ideas for upping the difficulty?

Su-Ling cannot place crystals.
(Tried: doable, but harder game.)

AND/OR

When the 2nd Wu-Feng is drawn, the limit of villagers per tile is reduced to 2 (extra ones die on the spot).
When the 4th Wu-Feng is drawn, the limit of villagers per tile is reduced to 1 (extra ones die on the spot).
(I'm not even sure this last version is winnable...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried a "Boss Challenge" game.

Ten ghosts on the bottom, then alternating a Wu-Feng and 4 ghosts with a total of 10 Wu-Fengs.

Made for a nasty fight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coldwinter
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play in Ultra Doom Hell difficulty. The white face on the dice is void/not used for exorcisms, white is only used for the village tiles/powers.

Just add 3 to 5 wu-feng to that and spend your evenings crying in fetal position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
What about starting with 2 Qi tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Bolzoni
msg tools
mb
Random ideas... Of course the green taoist power do not apply to this extra curse dice.

Moon Gate always in the corner. (To decide which take four Wu-Gen of the four board color, shuffle, pick-up up one at random and place in the relative board in the right)

Each taoist throws a Curse Die just before the Yang phase, the effects are related to the last ghost that arrived in the Yin phase. If none arrived (i.e., board overrun) he decides.
EXTRA: the blank side of the dice means the taoist has to drop a Tao Token.
EXTRA EXTRA: if the taoist has no Tao Tokens and so he cannot drop it he loses a Qi (the taoist cannot die this way though, so if he has has 1 Qi there are no effects).

Start with 2 Qi. Or Start with 4 Qi, but you lose a Qi each turn before the Yang phase (you cannot drop under 2 Qi this way though)

If a taoist attempts an exorcism against a black ghost or a ghost of the same color of his then the ghost is considered with an extra resistance of the taoist color.
For example, Forgotten Ones has resistance 3 black. With this variant against the blue taoist it would have 3 black, 1 blue; against the red taoist it would have 3 black, 1 red. The Dark Mistress instead would have 4 blue against the blue taoist, but only 3 blue against all other taoists.

Su-Ling might fail at stopping a ghost, when she is standing in front of a Haunter throw the curse dice. If the result is black, remove Su-Ling until the next bad event that puts her back in play.

The Mystic Barrier might fail, once you set up the barrier throw the Curse Die. Blank side means the barrier fails and all the moon crystals are returned to the reserve.

Artifacts might fail... you got the point. Throw the Curse Die before using an artifact blank side means no effects.

Taoist might fall. At the end of the yang phase (after placing Buddhas, Su-Ling and such) throw the Curse Die. Blank face means your taoist is knocked down, just like the Hua curse.

Ghosts throws dice too. Decide how many (one or two I guess) at the begin of the game. When trying to exorcise throw the dice and increase the ghost resistance of the resulting colors. White means attacking taoist color.

Play with Cursed Children variant.

Play with Green Root variants.

Find a way to play with both Cursed Children and Green Root. Graveyard of 9 positions and position 6,7, and 8 destroy a green tao token maybe?

Each time a village person goes to the graveyard throw a Tao Die and destroy a tao token of the relative color from the reserve (put it back in the box and do not use it anymore for the rest of the game). White means nothing happens. If the reserve has no more tokens of the color every taoist loses a Qi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.