Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Learned this last night and played a game of it. Have a question:

Let's say I expand with 4 boats (2 blue, 2 yellow) during my turn and I flip a three-beach island (Nauru), which has a 3 mooring, 2 mooring, and 2 mooring beach. Do I have to place a boat on each beach first before I place the second boat on a just occupied beach, or can I place a boat on 2 moor blue/ 2 moor blue/ 2 moor yellow/ 2 moor yellow and then exand again off both those beaches?

TIA,
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
Do I have to place a boat on each beach first before I place the second boat on a just occupied beach, or can I place a boat on 2 moor blue/ 2 moor blue/ 2 moor yellow/ 2 moor yellow and then exand again off both those beaches?

Yes, based on your example, you do have to place one boat on each beach before you place the final boat. Each individual beach must get one boat before the extra boats can be distributed. That said, you can distribute the extra boats any way you want. If, for example, you expanded to the island with five boats, you could then expand again from each of the two-beaches or once from the three-beach. This can be an excellent way to get rid of an opponents boats, especially if you already know the requirements to expand from a particular beach.

Hope this helps. Tongiaki is a fun game that I don't get to play enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so from what you say I have to place 1 boat on each beach first and then any other boats needing to be placed can be placed freely on any open mooring, and, even two or more consecutively on the same beach.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
Canada
Nobleton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.