North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

About 8 years ago, while scouring the internet, I found a program called Card Table that would allow users to play their own card games over the internet. Players would scan in their cards, and add the card text to a database, and then the program could be used to play with the cards in whatever manner the player saw fit (no rules were enforced). The program was used for Star Wars CCG for awhile.

Well, now I have a bunch of cards I would like to be able to play online with a friend. But the card table site hasnt been active in.... 8 years, some of the links are dead, and the program seems to be infected with a virus.

I figured that someone here will probably know of a newer program that would fit my needs. Any suggestions?

thanks a bunch,

Jugg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.lackeyccg.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Seconded.

Although I might add that one potential downside is that LackeyCCG only works for two player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Windows, I remember a program called Thoth that would do this. You can also do it in VASSAL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much. I'll check those out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, lackey looks like I you need to be a programmer to create a plugin. I'll poke around and see what I can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need support for more than two players, and don't object to a commercial program, you might want to take a look at Battlegrounds. It's actually a full-fledged virtual tabletop program, originally intended just for RPGs, but it has now evolved to support playing most boardgames and wargames, and even some card games. As such, perhaps it's overkill if all you want is just a digital card table.

The "GM Client" supports creating custom card decks. It accepts a folderful of images as the cards to use in the deck, in either landscape or portrait orientation (depending on the size of the card images). There is absolutely no scripting required.

Here's a link to a an image preview of the card table feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.