Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

even if I do not play Schotten Totten on Yucata.de much, I am saddened, that Rainer Knizia and his team decided to terminate the non-profit license they had with Sparhawk for playing the game there.

You can find more info here:
http://www.yucata.de/default.aspx?PageID=20&postid=8322&Foru...

This I consider a bad bad move! gulp shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Hans, start the presses! It's time for Schotten-Totten rehash #14! Schotten-Totten: The Dice Game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Flood
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Hey Hans, start the presses! It's time for Schotten-Totten rehash #14! Schotten-Totten: The Dice Game!

I think that would be Los Banditos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.L.A.
Spain
LA BAÑEZA
(LÉON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crycrycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Cox
England
London
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand the commercial reasons why RK did this but the way they did it stinks and so I have re rated the game appropriatly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not trying to be combative, but why is it appropriate to rate a game based on how one feels about the way the publisher handles IP?

I'm sad to see the license revoked but glad at least that it happened about a week after I was introduced to Yucata. I've designed and will soon publish a game that bears some resemblance to Schotten Totten (at least in form; gameplay is quite different) and a friend said I should play it (I hadn't heard of it before). I'm glad I got that narrow window to play a few games before it disappeared.

Knizia of course has his own reasons but as a publisher I'm a big fan of free online play. My only game with a free online version is Battle for Hill 218 and I have no doubt that part of the reason it's in its second printing is that there's a huge difference between "Someone told me that game is good, maybe I'll pick up a copy" and "Someone told me that game is good, maybe I'll play it for free right now" in terms of the likelihood of finding a new player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.