Subject: Selurian questions in the dungeon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quohog the great
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this situation come up yesterday twice.

we were playing with the Selurian hero and in the dungeon there was a doomknight (i think) that stated unequiped heros can't attack. now i know that this may have been covered before. but I ended up having a Chalace defender and a dagger equiped to it. does the level 2 Selurian double the magic attack of the Chalace Defender or not.

the other situation was the level 2 Selurian (no weapons) with fireballs vs the same monster.

and i got to thinking would animated items grant the magic attack even if there was nothing equiped to it.

thank you
Q

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think no on both accounts. Heroes that cannot attack cannot use their dungeon effects/traits. The defender's magic attack is not doubled and the items are not "animated".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quohog the great
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is better in a different post.

I know you don't need a hero to attack a monster in the hall, but if monster listed above is in the hall and you have for example 3 fireballs, would you be able to attack him and kill it with just spells?

so its safe to say that if a hero can't attack for whatever reason its considered a dead card in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you can attack with just spells. While the card cannot be used to attack, it's not dead for the purposes of being detroyed. It's still required to destroy a hero even if your heroes cannot attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.