Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help me remember an old board game: Explorers & dinosaurs. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Cash
msg tools
Recently a friend of mine and I were chatting about games, when I started remembering an old game I played. I played it in what I *think* was in the late 80's, although it may have been the early 90's.

The overall theme of the game was a bunch of explorers (possibly European?) in a lush jungle land filled with dinosaurs and primal men (similar to Land of the Lost, or other worlds where there's some primal paradise).

For the board itself, it was square, with about 4/5 of the board representing the land itself and 1/5 of the board being used for when you had to run and escape from a dinosaur (I think it was specifically the T-rex).

I seem to recall there being a small story/book that accompanied the game, and one scene from the book where one of the primal men is laughing and pointing at one of the bearded explorers who happens to look just like him.

I do not recall if the game was competitive/cooperative, or how you moved about on the board. The artwork was fairly nice, with the board itself looking like a bird's eye view of the primal valley.

That's about all I can remember, but I hope it's enough for someone to recall the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was most probably Dinosaurs of the Lost World. I played it many times with my buddy; always enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cash
msg tools
Oh my goodness, you're wonderful. Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four minutes! Nicely done laugh

EDIT:

Yes, it's a tad bit broken, but it's a very interesting take on the "adventure game" genre. Definitely worth playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.