Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: GeekList question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if I can make a GL using the 'private' option so that no one can see it while I assemble it and then, after it's done, make it public. I want to do an auction but I have a ton of stuff to post and it will take a few days so I want to wait until everything is posted before making it visible.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't submitted it yet, then it is basically "private".

"Private" means that ONLY you can see it while logged in. If you didn't have that option checked, I might possibly stumble across it if I happened to type in the exact address, or if I was subscribed to you.

Once you submit it, then it will be posted so everyone can see it, and be shown on the front page (unless you checked the "don't publish to front page" box)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So does that mean I have to leave it open or can I come back to it later?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you create it, it'll be saved in "my geeklists". You can come back it as often as you want.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
If you haven't submitted it yet, then it is basically "private".


Not quite. If you go to check out your geekbuddies' activity, a geeklist in draft but not marked private can be read. Twice I inadvertently posted on a geeklist before it was submitted like that. Best to mark private until right before you submit it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
If you haven't submitted it yet, then it is basically "private".


Not quite. If you go to check out your geekbuddies' activity, a geeklist in draft but not marked private can be read. Twice I inadvertently posted on a geeklist before it was submitted like that. Best to mark private until right before you submit it.


Hence my later clarifying comment:

Howitzer_120mm wrote:
If you didn't have that option checked, I might possibly stumble across it if I happened to type in the exact address, or if I was subscribed to you.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.