Popular Tags: [View All]
The pirate's life for me!
United States
flag msg tools
pineapples are in my head
badge
"There is a Heppy Land Furfur A-waay"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is in the rules. I'm only asking because I don't have the game*.

1. Do all the factions have a set amount of money on the first turn? For example, if Russia, on its first turn, takes away a German country, gaining two IPCs, does Germany, on its first turn, get 40 IPCs or 38?

2. If a large unit of tanks, assissted by infantry, moves ONE space into combat, and takes the territory, can those tanks move ONE space back in the noncombat move phase?

Just wasn't sure about these points. Thanks in advanced.

Kris24

*YET

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris2476 wrote:
I'm sure this is in the rules. I'm only asking because I don't have the game*.

1. Do all the factions have a set amount of money on the first turn? For example, if Russia, on its first turn, takes away a German country, gaining two IPCs, does Germany, on its first turn, get 40 IPCs or 38?

2. If a large unit of tanks, assissted by infantry, moves ONE space into combat, and takes the territory, can those tanks move ONE space back in the noncombat move phase?

Just wasn't sure about these points. Thanks in advanced.

Kris24

*YET

Both your questions are answerd by the Order of Play

Sequence of play

Phase 1 Purchase Units (On the first turn this can only be paid out of what you start the game with. 24 IPCs for The USSR)
Phase 2 Combat Move
Phase 3 Conduct Combat
Phase 4 Noncombat Move (Only units that didn't make a combat move are allowed to make a noncombat move. You can't mix the two.)
Phase 5 Mobilize units. (The pieces you paid for in Phase 1 now show up on the board)
Phase 6 Collect Income (Now you collect income for what territory you currently control.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) each country starts with a set amount of IPCs, so in your example, Germany's starting money would be unaffected. Income is collected at the end of each nation's turn, so Germany's income would be adjusted by whatever regions they hold at the end of their turn (including possibly retaking the area USSR took from them).

2) The tanks could not continue to move after being involved in combat. Same situation with ships, they can't move one space, fight, then move again. Planes are the only units with before and after combat movement.

Edited for emphases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The pirate's life for me!
United States
flag msg tools
pineapples are in my head
badge
"There is a Heppy Land Furfur A-waay"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the quick responses. I dunno why, but those questions were bugging me the other night.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.