4x 1-0 GAR
1x 9 SURF !
1x 2 CV
1x 2 LC
1x 5-4 TAC !
2x 5-8 SAC !

Removals:
6x 1-0 REPL

Like the Soviet Union, Italy profits greatly from the removal of the Nationality DRMs; this together with the added fleets and air forces will make it a much stronger power in the Med!

POLITICAL EVENTS:

Italy is probably the nation with the best balance of events. There are five Political Events that target Italy directly: Two are strongly positive, one is positive yet unlikely to appear, one is optional to implement and a question of negotiation, only one is mildly negative.

*AFV License is one of the best events in the game. It will remove Italy´s greatest weakness, the 2-5 ARMs, and replace them with 4-5s.

*Oil Strike is nice, though it would have to happen really early to have an impact.

*Caproni Jets appear too late to likely change anything.

Ceding *Südtirol is optional, and will depend on what the German player offers. It is irrelevant in a 2-plr game.

*Always Right is an annoyance rather than a big threat. It forces the player´s hand somewhat, but should be manageable, especially with a little German help.

COMING NEXT: A look at how Diplomacy, map changes and other rules affect the Italian player!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Buttridge
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have seen the upgraded armor chit come up in a recent game, and this is a real impact chit and opens up options for Italy and can make a difference in the eastern front.

Which brings up another question, what happens to Russian cities conquered by Italy when Italy surrenders?

I certainly don't think Italy is overpowered in general though....they still can't risk big fleet engagements in the Med. Force pool additions don't help once they get strapped for BRPs....

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.