Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lilned wrote:
As far as the Cowardly goes, I'm not all that big on it because it just seems like an overpowered version of Pillaging- With Pillaging you're going to end up (frequently) with 3 counters on a region and you'll get a +1 bonus for having taken a counter off the board. With Cowardly you're going to end up (frequently) with 3 counters on a region and you'll get a +1 bonus for having been 3 stacked, however, even if there are no single counters that can be reached the Cowards can still get the bonus just for 3 stacking.

I realize that in our game the Gypsy/Coward combo is just a really good one, and that Cowardly wouldn't always be such a boon, but I still think that it's just a better version of Pillaging.

For Cowardly, I see it more like a variant on Merchant with a slight different gameplay...
In our game a similar gameplay effect could have been obtained with Merchant Gypsies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryen alicandro
msg tools
Not so sure about that- merchant gypsies only have 8 chips. It's going to be very expensive to stay big stacked, and they'll be vulnerable to attack if they do spread out and make the most of the merchant ability. Cowardly allows them to attack another player, get a bonus for themselves, and remain in a defensive position. Pillaging allows the player to attack another player, get a bonus for themselves, and remain in a defensive position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing with Cowardly for 3 games I found this power quite interesting and it has a limit of preventing a a race to spread to wide in order to get the full benefits of this power. That balances wiht a weaker decline due to this lesser spread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.