Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sozio
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a quick question.

Has anyone ever created a melee/wizard computerized system/game? I'm thinking not or at least not in a commercial sense, but I am curious to know if any of the TFT fans and hobbyists may have developed a computer based version of the system for play on a computer system.

BTW, does anyone know about this program? Is it a good reference for the system? The site I saw mentioning it says it is a computerized program.

Fantasy Master's Codex (The Fantasy Trip)

Thanks

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fantasy Master's Codex is not a program, it's a index to TFT material. A fan named Bil Gustafson made up an overall index for the three core books, for reference. There are also lists of Spells, Talents, Weapons, Armor, Combat Options, saving rolls and modifiers, etc., all sorted in a number of ways. Also an enhanced character sheet, and a few rules clarifications. It appears to have been printed using a dot matrix printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
There is a VASSAL mod for Melee/Wizard. Don't know much about it as I haven't tried it yet but it is listed on the VASSAL modules page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Messina
United States
Hollister
California
flag msg tools
The Vassal module combines the Melee and Wizard games, since they use the same basic rules. It allows online or PBEM play, but you'll need a human opponent to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
I used VASSAL to play DeathTest more than a few times, and there's now an extension for the Melee/Wizard VASSAL module to support DeathTest. VASSAL's not an AI, but it's a great tool, even if you play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.