Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to share how we use the Pegasus expansion in our BSG games, with some little house rules. It worked well for us, so you might give it a try.

Basically we use everything from the Pegasus expansion except what is mentioned below.

1) As two full cylon is definitely the best for the game we play only if there are 5 or more players and use the cylon leaders only in a 6 player game. We are also currently thinking of disallowing Helena Cain as selectable character -both for thematic and game mechanic reason (yes, we think 'Blind Jump' is overpowered).

2) We don't use the Pegasus board and the New Caprica objective and board.

3) When you activate the Admiral's Quarters you can choose to Brig someone (as on the board) or make the Airlock skill check to execute someone. Saul Tigh's 'Cylon hatred' ability works with both usage and of course William Adama still can't activate the Admiral's Quarters on either way.

4) If you make a skill check on a crisis or supercrisis card and your result is lower than zero the skill check is considered 'reckless'.

That's it! Nothing complicated but works very fine for us. Feel free to try and feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Idea of using the Admiral's Quarters as an Alternate Airlock has very decent merit! I may be considering adding this to my game as well (I also don't use the Pegasus board as its weapons are too powerful).

I agree on not using Cylon Leaders as I do think they are a bit lack-luster, and using it instead of a Sympathizer has much more merit. Good move on that one.

I also think Helena Cain is OP for a number of reasons. Have been working on redesigning her character to be on par with the rest of the crew. As she stands now I agree that she should not be used.

The Reckless rule has great appeal. Its in the "Razor-rules" varient and works great. I think having it in every game is very worthwhile.

I think your ground has a great system. Simple, effective, easy to explain, Good job. :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isnt that a shame not to use anything other than the cards from pegasus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Acenoid wrote:
Isnt that a shame not to use anything other than the cards from pegasus?

Well, I think the plastic basestars were implied in there somewhere ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zfairborn wrote:

I also think Helena Cain is OP for a number of reasons. Have been working on redesigning her character to be on par with the rest of the crew. As she stands now I agree that she should not be used.

Actually it is not so bad if you play with the Kobol objective. To reach New Caprica with fewer ships to launch back to space is actually better for the humans, also, the shorter distance to reach it helps humans and enhances Cain's OPG. But with the simple 8+ distance as winning condition the loss of 2 ships is clearly bad thing, without a silver lining around it. Plus the last jump cycle to win can not be enhanced by Cain's OPG as it can only be used if distance is 6 or less.

It is still a powerful ability, but at least not turning a weakness into something beneficial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.