Popular Tags: [View All]
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on the mechanism to keep trace of the skill advancement: one possible option is to have some special counters with a -1 "skill name" like in the example:

A second option could be to have a complete "Value & Skill name" (in the previous example 2 Fire): the problem with this second option is that it could create some confusing having 2 labels with the same skill (and using a smaller counter it would require a lot of attention on the placement of the counters)

The backgound color could be more in contrast (like an orange one) to put in evidence the modifier...

Please let me know your ideas/comments about it.

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally prefer the counter method. No particular reason other than personal preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Riha
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been following this game with some interest for the last few days and Im gonna print it soon. It looks really promising.

What you could do is have "sliders" on the skills like you do in Arkham. So you would have Fire 1 2 3 4 5 6 and a marker to mark where your current skil level is.

Tomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Gottardo, I really like your game!

On the subject of skill advancement, why not produce a pdf file with sets of additional chits numbered 4 3 2 in the same style as on the unit cards.

I think players would want to print the unit cards say 4 times bigger,
otherwise putting the updated number chits on top of the base skill number might be too "fiddly"

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiff Spaceagent
msg tools
I have gotten as far as my team earning their first EP points (only survived one mission so far) which I have just written on the back of the relevant cards.
Since I dont play the game often enough to be able to remember which solider advanced to which level - I think I will simply write it on the cards - so maybe you could make a blank (white) space after the skill descriptions where people can then write the modifier. It won't look so good, but its simple and could work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.