Popular Tags: [View All]
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skimming through some old posts here, I've found some people who've had some negative things to say about the quality of the US version. I'm wondering if this was ever addressed by the publisher? Does anyone know if there is there still a difference in components between the US and European version of this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Warren
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I picked up my copy last Autumn, I checked around and all US copies were missing the board (my biggest gripe) and would, I would guess, have the same quality issues.

I ordered my copy from Germany. Cost a bit more, but it was worth it, especially when people would admire the sea monsters on the board as sections of the city sank beneath the waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the reply! Do you remember where you bought it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Warren
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have one for trade, if youre interested. cost me about 15 euros, have to calculate shipping though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all...

Can anyone give me tips about how to tell which version of the game is inside the box? The copies I am seeing lately on store shelves in Canada seem to show images of the board on the back of the box, but I'm not sure if that's just because they are using the same box images as the euro version. How can I tell if these copies come with the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it right on the front of the box?

The one with a board should have german on the front, and the Winning Moves logo. Without a board should be in English, with an Immortal Eyes logo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Isn't it right on the front of the box?

The one with a board should have german on the front, and the Winning Moves logo. Without a board should be in English, with an Immortal Eyes logo.

Well, I'm going from memory here. I am certain I saw the winning moves logo, but do not recall seeing the Immortal Eyes logo. I also did not notice any german on the front, but there were multiple languages on the back, along with a picture of the game that included a board. I guess I just was not expecting to see a german copy instead of the US in 2 different Canadian FLGSs, so now I'm second-guessing what I saw...

If I understand it correctly, there is also a difference in box size... the box I saw was about the size of a TTR box, perhaps a bit deeper. It definitely looked more like this:

Than this:

Is it likely that Canadian stores are stocking the german version instead of the US version??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it's unlikely they're carrying the german version.

Maybe they changed the cover after that promo shot was made. Nobody has uploaded an english cover shot, unfortunately. Maybe there's another version. I'm just guessing here though.

Ultimately, there's only one way to find out for sure, but I'd be expecting to not find a board should you purchase it. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Ultimately, there's only one way to find out for sure, but I'd be expecting to not find a board should you purchase it. Maybe you'll get lucky.

I see. I generally prefer to avoid blind purchases, so I thought I'd check if anyone had more specific information. It would be really cheesy if there is no board, seeing as it is pictured on the back of the box that I saw! I will take a closer look next time I'm browsing, but unfortunately I saw these in Toronto, not my home town, so I'll have to wait until my next trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Gibrin
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Winning Moves released a multi-language edition of the game (German, French, English and Dutch, if I recall correctly). Fortunately, it's based on the German original version (that is, with the larger island and the blue board).

That's probably the version you found in Toronto.

Best Regards,

Mauricio Gibrin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Hab wrote:
Hi there,

Winning Moves released a multi-language edition of the game (German, French, English and Dutch, if I recall correctly). Fortunately, it's based on the German original version (that is, with the larger island and the blue board).

That's probably the version you found in Toronto.

Best Regards,

Mauricio Gibrin

Excellent, that is what I was suspecting might have occured, and the ones I saw did indeed look like multi-language released (multiple language descriptions and flags on the back of the box). Thanks very much for the confirmation Mauricio!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and just played the board-less Immortal Eyes version. It's really not so bad. No component issues aside from lacking a board. It was actually nice to have all the extra table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Hab wrote:
Hi there,

I ended up trading for this, and this is exactly what I found. So there is an English version with the board that can be found, for those that care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to track down a cheap copy with a board. I don't care what language it's in since I already have the board-less version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.