Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's try this on for size and tell me if and where I am wrong:

Spotting, LOS and effects on combat

LOS from attacking hex to defending hex is required to yield a spotted defender. However, if an attacking unit has LOS to a defending unit, this does not automatically yield a spotted defender.

If LOS passes through BLOCKING TERRAIN, it is BLOCKED and hex cannot be spotted

If the LOS passes through MORE THAN 2 hexes with degrading terrain, LOS is BLOCKED and therefore, defending units cannot be spotted.

If there is LOS from attacker to defender, NO DICE ROLL IS NECESSARY(hex is spotted) if any one of the following conditions is met:
A Good Order attacking unit is in an adjacent hex
A defending unit is moving or assault moving through the hex(NOT low crawling or stealth moving)
A defending unit in the hex is marked with a moved, assault move, fired or melee marker
Defender's hex is open terrain

If a spotting roll is need, 1 is added to the roll for every piece of intervening degrading terrain (up to 2 max as more than 2 such hexes will block LOS).

Effect on Combat
When resolving attack/defense, in addition to ANY OTHER modifiers, subtract 1 from attacker's roll (or add 1 to defender's roll) for each degrading terrain hex (UP TO TWO such hexes) the attacker's LOS passes through to the defender.
Again, this is in addition to any other modifiers such as leader or related to the actual terrain hex the defender occupies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've got it. I couldn't see anything in there that looks incorrect, but I'll qualify that by saying I haven't played LnL lately. I was actually going to fire up a scenario today, but ended up screwing around with some computer games. I may still get to it later..I have the rules binder right here to refresh my memory .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I do believe you've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that is not so hard. I just could not grasp it that easily from the rule book.
Thanks to all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radsailor wrote:
A defending unit in the hex is marked with a moved, assault move, fired or melee marker

You've got it now except that you can't fire at units under a melee marker... even if they are alone there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you stated it very well...congrats on doing that as it's one of the most difficult aspects of the game. The only think I might add is that more than 2 degrading hexes only block if the LOS actually passes through part of the blocking terrain graphic in each hex. E.g, if you have LOS to a target in a hex beyond 3 bush hexes, the LOS is only blocked if a line from the attacker's hex center to the defender's hex center actually passes through a bush graphic in each hex. The same would be true for light woods hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.