Subject: Morph Interactions with Tripler and Kicker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heroic Monkey
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Let's say Player A plays 10 and Kickerx3. Player B plays Morph. Let's ignore the number of ships. Would the final score be 30(A)-30(B) or 30(A)-10(B)? In other words, does the Morph copy the encounter card before or after the effects of the Kicker?

2. Does a Kicker modify Tripler's card before or after he triples it? Ex: If Tripler plays 6 and Kickerx3, would the final outcome be 54 or 6?

3. Can Fungus capture Merchant's hired ships?

4. Now for a stupid question. Can Fungus place enemy ships underneath an already existing stack? I would assume the answer is yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney Bustoffson
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph does not copy the Kicker.

Kicker modifies after Tripler modifies.

Fungus can not capture hired ships.

Fungus can add more ships to a stack if that stack was in the encounter where the new ships were lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Saggers
New Zealand
Paraparaumu
Kapiti Coast
flag msg tools
Kapiti Gaming Basterds - Leave your conscience and scruples at the door. Pants optional.
badge
Give me Ameritrash - or give me death.
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding scenario 2 - it doesn't matter in which order the mods are applied, does it? In your example, you would get 54 regardless of which order you apply the mods. Or am I missing something?

EDIT:
Ah, I think I see where you are coming from. But the Tripler's power is affected by the card played, not the card played + modifiers. That's how I read it. I guess this is similar to the Morph card scenario posed above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Monkey
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to see that I correctly predicted the answers. Maybe I should have more faith in my understanding of the cosmos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.