United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Go Pats!
badge
My awesome son =)
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a kick out of reading the EPYC session reports...for a while...

Now they're just cluttering up my hot list session reports. I like to keep my sessions window set to display 10 session reports on "hot". Currently EPYC holds SIX of those spots.

Obviously people enjoy reading them, but I'm not one of those people anymore and I wish I could see more than 4 session reports without having to make my sessions window larger.

Is there a way to filter out EPYC session reports?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thumbed this topic because I tried to think of an easy fix, and couldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Go Pats!
badge
My awesome son =)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thumbed this topic because I've never thumbed my own topic before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't read them and I hardly even notice them. Seriously, the "number of things I don't read" is large enough that the EPYC threads are just more signal noise.

Also, the name of the damn game is Telephone Pictionary. I need a geekbadge for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the EPYC stuff and have been contributing to the noise. But I completely understand the sentiment of the OP. I really only post the session reports because the instruction thread asks me to do it. *shrug*

On the other hand, you dont HAVE to read those reports do you?

I tend to agree that there's probably a better way of posting and displaying EPYC results, but I also feel like it's probably a trend that will eventually calm down anyway and it's probably not worth worrying about in the end.

For what it's worth I apologize for contributing to your pain.

-E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is EPYC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Iced One wrote:
What is EPYC?

yeah, what is EPYC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
basilmichael wrote:
The Iced One wrote:
What is EPYC?

yeah, what is EPYC?
;)

Ok, I admit it, I was too lazy to look it up.
But I started to feel kinda guilty for my laziness so I did the trouble of searching for it. ;)
It stands for Eat Poop You Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't these EPYC games get posted in the "Play By Forum" subforum instead of the "Sessions" subforum of the EPYC forums? AFAIK, that's what most other games played among BGGers online do, e.g. Emoticon Zendo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm inclined to agree. That kinda volume should be moved to Play by Forum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Why don't these EPYC games get posted in the "Play By Forum" subforum instead of the "Sessions" subforum of the EPYC forums? AFAIK, that's what most other games played among BGGers online do, e.g. Emoticon Zendo.

Because that way they don't get to fleece ~150GG from the system for submitting over 70 separate session reports through Geekmod.
*sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, just have one single session report thread for each "Group" instead of a seperate thread for each game. Then you can post each new session as an additional comment in that thread.

They don't bother me because I rarely read session reports, and when I do, these are quite fun to look at. However I can fully understand why it might annoy others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:

Yeah, isn't that what was done with the Battlestar Galactica forum games too? I for one would also be most appreciative if the catpoop games could be moved from the sessions forum to the play by forum subforum. We own two cats, and that's enough cat poop for me - I don't need to see more here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just think if they posted every werewolf PBF session. Geesh, what a mess that would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Just think if they posted every werewolf PBF session. Geesh, what a mess that would be.

Mwuahahahahahahaha devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ncik wrote:
russ wrote:

Because that way they don't get to fleece ~150GG from the system for submitting over 70 separate session reports through Geekmod.
*sigh*

Who is being fleeced??? I thought GG wasn't real money??? Maybe I am confused. Whatever..........it can be changed to appease folks, no problem. SIGH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the obvious solution is to disallow anything but face-to-face games from being logged or reported on BGG. Just do that and we're home free. Everything else can go in a new forum folder called "Not Real Games." Problem solved.

As to your specific problem, you do have the option of more entries on your front page OR clicking on the little arrow to see page 2, 3, 4 of the Hot Session Reports. It sounds as though you really want to see the occasional session report, rather than all the sessions being logged.

Anyway, you won't have to wait much longer. This fad will die down. In fact, it already has. It's like pulling teeth to get even the ardent supporters of the game to complete their commitment. It'll all be over in a month or so, I suspect.

Oh, as an aside, there should be a means of eliminating certain games from the front page. Anything you've blocked (from a person to a game to a forum group) should not appear on the front page. But that doesn't work right now.

Update: I just checked my front page module (way down the page where I keep Session Reports) and switched my view from "Recent" to "Hot." I saw ONE EPYC session report sitting in position #21 out of the 25 on my screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

You mean, the Werewolf games also contain poop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Ncik wrote:
russ wrote:

*sigh*

Who is being fleeced??? I thought GG wasn't real money??? Maybe I am confused. Whatever..........it can be changed to appease folks, no problem. SIGH.

I agree that Play By Forum is the most appropriate place for these and can understand the OP's concerns.

That said, fleecing GG?? Are you serious? There's typically 11 people involved in one EPYC game; each participant posts one session only (of the chain they administered). So, each player spends hours drawing 5 pictures per game and they post one chain per game and maybe get 2 or 3 GG out of it. 2 or 3 GG for all of that work is hardly fleecing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
That said, fleecing GG?? Are you serious? There's typically 11 people involved in one EPYC game; each participant posts one session only (of the chain they administered). So, each player spends hours drawing 5 pictures per game and they post one chain per game and maybe get 2 or 3 GG out of it. 2 or 3 GG for all of that work is hardly fleecing.

I agree. I've posted 3 session reports. Got 2.43, 2.44, and 2.55, respectively. After splitting those into shares for each of the other participants in those chains, that came out to .22, .22, and .23 a person. If someone feels fleeced, I'll be more than happy to give them my shares. And I'll note that they can be put up for GG from any posting, not just the Sessions or Reviews, so we weren't doing it to fleece the system.

That being said, don't worry; I won't post any further as "session reports."

I will further note that some of the new recruits for these games was because of the publicized session reports; heck, I've never even been to Chit-Chat. Only reason I got into this was because I saw those early session reports; I'm sure I'm not the only one who did so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jayolas wrote:
I like to keep my sessions window set to display 10 session reports on "hot".

For the moment you should set it to "recent" and something like 20. That way you would always be up to date and also be able to notice session reports which garner thumbs.

desertfox2004 wrote:
We own two cats, and that's enough cat poop for me - I don't need to see more here!

But does the poop get eaten?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
swmabie wrote:

I will further note that some of the new recruits for these games was because of the publicized session reports; heck, I've never even been to Chit-Chat. Only reason I got into this was because I saw those early session reports; I'm sure I'm not the only one who did so.

I think the plan now is to have each session published in play-by-forum, but have each entire game, when finished, published as a single session report including all 11 or 12 chains. So there will still be some visibility to recruit new EPYCers, just not as much traffic as before. Personally I feel like this is a good compromise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if game Block worked for this. (I tried it; it doesn't seem to.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you I didn't care about the geek gold for the session report. I like them in separate Sessions because then the comments always matched the particular chain, rather than all being in a huge conglomerate chain.

I thought that made it much easier to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
I can tell you I didn't care about the geek gold for the session report. I like them in separate Sessions because then the comments always matched the particular chain, rather than all being in a huge conglomerate chain.

I thought that made it much easier to read.

Good point. I wonder if a Geeklist would be a more effective format for final publication then? Each chain would be a different game entry, so the comments would be chain-specific.

(and this option might annoy/offend/etc fewer people as it fits in with the already existing steady stream of non-boardgame-related off-topic geeklists? Rather than the more on-topic nature of sessions and reviews)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.