California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orccon 2010 is this weekend and I wanted to mention a couple of key events

Play with the Creator and Q&A with Matt Leacock

Award-winning designer Matt Leacock will be joining us at Orccon 2010 to help host big Pandemic and Roll Through The Ages events as well as debuting his new game, Forbidden Island, and playtesting in-development games as well.

Also, join us for a Q&A session with our Guest of Honor on Saturday at 3 PM, which is recorded for podcast on Boardgame Babylon. There will be treats for attendees!

NEW GAME DEMOS

Days of Wonder has just informed me that due to production delays, Mystery Express will not arrive in time for me to demo the game at Orccon. But we'll show it at Gamex 2010 over Memorial Day weekend! You can still check out a lot of other great games:

CLICK Games: PowerMage54
Gamewright: Forbidden Island
Mayfair Games: Atlantis, Witch of Salem, World Without End
Out of the Box: Run Wild, 7 Ate 9, Super Circles
Rio Grande: Dream Factory, Cardcassonne, Havana, Vasco De Gama, Tobago, Priests of RA
Valley Games: Days of Steam
Z-Man Games: Dungeon Lords, Megacorps, Skyline 3000

Plus: At The Gates of Loyang, Hansa Teutonica, and many more! All but a few are also available in the Strategicon Board Game Library for check-out at the convention.

Come join fifteen hundred great gamers for four days of fun at Orccon 2010. More details at: www.strategicon.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it.

BTW, it was great to see you again on Saturday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxidyne wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it.

BTW, it was great to see you again on Saturday!

Great to see you, too. Hopefully we'll cross paths again and play a game next time!

Nearly forgot some additional demos:

Terra Prime and Homesteaders from Tasty Minstrel Games!

Thunderstone from AEG!

Preview and playtest upcoming games from both companies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first convention! Already signed up to help at the BG desk, and signed up for 2 tournaments! (Having never attended one of these, are there prizes for the tournaments?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
Australia
Austinmer
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there! Already pre-registered for the Pandemic Expansion #2 playtest. Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OrcCon ROCKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I both had a great weekend at ORCCON! We met many great people and played a bunch of games. I got to play Pandemic with Matt Leacock watching over us... didn't help much, we still lost on the easy level! That's ok, it was still fun and I got him to autograph my Pandemic board! I had hoped to get in on either a playtest of an upcoming Pandemic expansion, or a game or 2 of his new game (Forbidden Island) but it was not meant to be this time around.

Jan and I both played in the Stone Age tournament on Saturday. I won my board in the first round, but tanked the second round. There were 32 people in the first round! Jan unfortunately came in 2nd on her board in the first round.

I played in the Endeavor tournament on Sunday and came in 3rd on my board in the first round... I believe it was because I was unfamiliar with 2 particular rules that shaped my strategy, thus destroying my game from the 3rd turn on.

I'll throw up a session report for these games as I get time to write them.

I did grab 3rd overall in Tikal Saturday morning, and played a few other games throughout the 2 days we were there. We also volunteered. I worked BGHQ and Jan worked registration... so if you were there you probably met her at least!

We're definately looking forward to the next one in May!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadmart wrote:
My wife and I both had a great weekend at ORCCON! We met many great people and played a bunch of games. I got to play Pandemic with Matt Leacock watching over us... didn't help much, we still lost on the easy level! That's ok, it was still fun and I got him to autograph my Pandemic board! I had hoped to get in on either a playtest of an upcoming Pandemic expansion, or a game or 2 of his new game (Forbidden Island) but it was not meant to be this time around.

Jan and I both played in the Stone Age tournament on Saturday. I won my board in the first round, but tanked the second round. There were 32 people in the first round! Jan unfortunately came in 2nd on her board in the first round.

I played in the Endeavor tournament on Sunday and came in 3rd on my board in the first round... I believe it was because I was unfamiliar with 2 particular rules that shaped my strategy, thus destroying my game from the 3rd turn on.

I'll throw up a session report for these games as I get time to write them.

I did grab 3rd overall in Tikal Saturday morning, and played a few other games throughout the 2 days we were there. We also volunteered. I worked BGHQ and Jan worked registration... so if you were there you probably met her at least!

We're definately looking forward to the next one in May!

Thanks all. This one was a lot of fun from my point of view. Had a better time as a "participant" at this one than the last several -- very few issues during the show itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.