Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It, in theory, shouldn't be to hard to offer the geek over IPv6. Would it even be remotely possible at this time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the bigger question is, why would they want to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't have a huge benefit, but it would be fun! You could even set it up so that each game had its own IP address and DNS record: agricola.boardgamegeek.com could be 2001:0DB8::1 and monopoly.boardgamegeek.com could be 2001:0DB8:eadeadead and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What, the site doesn't go down enough for you already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could do this now with IPv4, but no one had setup websites that way since the 90's.

All of the websites have a DNS record, they all resolve the the same IP address and the webserver uses the url string to send you to the correct page. Why would you undo that just because you start using IPv6 and have a lot more addresses. It seems to me that it would be a pain in the ass to manage a site like that.

I find that with IT solutions if you are doing something because it is fun for little benefit you are most of the time making a mistake.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.