Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As many before me i want to publicly thank Thaadd at FFG for the awesome service she provided.

I received a copy of Battlelore for Christmas and upon opening i noticed one of the dice was broken in half. I sent an email describing the problem to FFG customer service the day after and promptly received an answer by Thaadd telling me a replacement set would soon be sent to me, no questions asked.

I only post now as i only recently received it but it's my own fault, reviewing the address on the package, it seems the one i gave in my message was a mixup of my home and workplace addresses. Canada Post must have had fun trying to route the package to the right place, which to their credit they managed to do pretty well in the end considering the wrong zip code and the mention of an apartment in a professional building.

As for the dice, they arrived in a nice shape. It seems it was even sent between Christmas and New Years Eve which shows how serious about support they are at FFG. A handwritten card signed by Thaadd was a nice personal touch i especially appreciated and it gives a lot of credit to the importance FFG gives to customer service.

I thought it would be nice to post the positive experience and say again how FFG games are worth every penny considering what you get and the support offered.

So thanks again Thaadd, my next purchase will be your Road to Legend lieutenant miniature !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All Hail Thaad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen
United Kingdom
Burton on trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meh, they couldnt supply me with replacement Doom dice.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Thaad sent me replacements for a few marked/damaged cards and minis for a copy of World of Warcraft the Boardgame that I received in trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same position Mr_Nuts with some missing WoW figures. Thaad is awesome and has always been very quick to respond but apparently has been swamped since Christmas. I sent in a request in the middle of January and still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat? I hope things calm down and she gets a break soon...hopefully after my request
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaad recently replaced a set of Game of Thrones boardgame cards for me which were damaged during my first place when someone spilled a drink on them. Despite me explaining that, the cards were replaced. I'm QUITE thrilled as the incident made me so upset I haven't played Game of Thrones since and I rather loved the game.

There's a reason that I buy games from FFG even if I'm iffy on them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
I'm in the same position Mr_Nuts with some missing WoW figures. Thaad is awesome and has always been very quick to respond but apparently has been swamped since Christmas. I sent in a request in the middle of January and still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat? I hope things calm down and she gets a break soon...hopefully after my request

I'd consider resending the request. Since Christmas I've been in touch with Thaad once about Game of Thrones cards and I also talked with the CS manager who issued a refund on some AT-43 models which were missing parts. In both cases the response was 3-4 days or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Nichol
United States
Prineville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have received excellent service from Thaadd and Fantasy Flight. They deserve all the praise being given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
She needs her own microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a pair:

I am Thaad, the All-Powerful

and then

I (heart) Thaad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
nichol wrote:
I also have received excellent service from Thaadd and Fantasy Flight. They deserve all the praise being given.

Ditto this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

I'd consider resending the request. Since Christmas I've been in touch with Thaad once about Game of Thrones cards and I also talked with the CS manager who issued a refund on some AT-43 models which were missing parts. In both cases the response was 3-4 days or so.

I did, still haven't heard anything back yet It's never taken this long before so i just assumed it was due to holiday rush. My first request was sent on Jan. 12th, then I recently resent the request on Feb. 2th. Still haven't heard anything yet cry. I just contact them through the form on the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of the FFG site, is this the right place to send a request for missing parts? It's always worked before, but if there is somewhere else i'm suppose to use please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LEt me join the bandwagon...

I discovered that I Was missing an Ally card fro Arkham Horror. I sent them email asking how much it would cost to get a replacement. Thaad put oe in an envelope and sent it to me, free of charge. ALl within a few days... I'm very impressed.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
I did, still haven't heard anything back yet It's never taken this long before so i just assumed it was due to holiday rush. My first request was sent on Jan. 12th, then I recently resent the request on Feb. 2th. Still haven't heard anything yet cry. I just contact them through the form on the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of the FFG site, is this the right place to send a request for missing parts? It's always worked before, but if there is somewhere else i'm suppose to use please let me know.

That's how I did it too. I'm not sure what more I can say other than this is definitely out of character for FFG. The only thing I can think is maybe if you provided a bad email address or something? You might resend and say "this is the third request, I'm sure you just missed it but ...." and that should get attention. You could also try the old-fashioned snail mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

I don't trust email. I'd suggest that you pick up the phone and call them.

My own story:
My wife was going into labour but we couldn't get the hospital fast enough. I called Thaad and sure enough, she sent a helicopter to our rescue! She was even piloting! After navigating an ice storm she landed us safely on the roof and then of course, my wife started labour right there. Fortunately, Thaad was prepared and delivered our baby girl right there using nothing more than a dice bag and some hot water.
Thanks Thaad!

(Seriously though - FFG has great service!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good News! Finally heard back from Thaadd today! Can't wait for my missings pieces to arrive so i can finally play WoW: TBG. I guess this holiday was really rough on them. w00t for Thaadd laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.