Popular Tags: [View All]
George Wong
United States
Oakland Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Guys,
I'm looking to get this game and I've been trying to figure out the rules completely before making my decision. I'm a bit confused about the part about how the game ends if only one player is able to move. What does it mean to not be able to move? Does it mean that the pioneers you have left is so confined that it can't even move one hex? Also, if they are in a blocked off space to begin with, doesn't that mean that they should've been taken off the map already since they were fenced off?
I apologize if there's an obvious answer to this. I'm just trying to figure out the exact rules from what I gather on this forum. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, when a territory (of 3 or fewer terrain types) is formed by stones and thus scored, all the meeples inside it become inactive/unmovable (and by custom most people seem to remove them from the map to help make that clear).

But your still-active meeples could be unable to move due to another player's meeple(s) blocking them! I.e. a meeple in a corner has all the empty spaces next to it occupied by enemy meeples.

It seems there's some unfortunate confusion about specifically how the game ends, though. Read through the rules threads about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
It seems there's some unfortunate confusion about specifically how the game ends, though. Read through the rules threads about that. :)
Saying it even more explicitly, check the rules avalable at the publisher's site. A copy of the game I saw purchased even within the last 12 months failed to have the updated wording that helps out on the ending conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airxmoa wrote:
Does it mean that the pioneers you have left is so confined that it can't even move one hex?
Your opponents may have you pinned even though the territory is not yet scorable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also have had all your pioneers removed from the board because they were in scoring areas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.