Subject: question about mine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Wang
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to convert a silver to a harem using mine. I searched the forum but didn't find anything regarding this topic. The written text on mine (German version) doesn't restrict this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Sure. Harem is a treasure card as much as any other one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sipeiw wrote:
Hi,The written text on mine (German version) doesn't restrict this.

- nor the rules, for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A card with multiple types is also each individual type. So Harem is a Victory card affected by Scout, and it is a Treasure card affected by Mine.

Mine makes you trash a Treasure card and gain another Treasure card worth up to 3 Coins more. So, you can trash a Silver and gain a Harem. You can trash a Gold and gain a Harem. You can trash a Harem and gain a Gold. If you have the Stash promo cards, you can trash a Stash and gain a Harem. You can trash a Harem and gain a Stash.

The more Treasure cards that are in play, the more flexible Mine becomes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Funny, I have a question about the mine as well, so I'll just add it here:

If you have no treasure cards in your card, can you play the mine and just take a silver, since the "take a treasure" statement isn't preceded by "If you trashed a treasure card"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:

If you have no treasure cards in your card, can you play the mine and just take a silver, since the "take a treasure" statement isn't preceded by "If you trashed a treasure card"?

No, because the "Gain a Treasure card" statement explicitly references "the card you trashed." If you did not trash a card, then you have no cost against which to compare (which is distinctly different from "a cost of 0").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
fizzmore wrote:

No, because the value of the card you are gaining is dependent on the value of the card you trashed. If you trashed nothing, this value remains undefined, so you cannot gain anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.