Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, I didn't expect to see it out this year. Great news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estevao
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I first read about Labyrinth early last December, I preordered it immediately. I have been checking its performance in GMT's P500 list ever since and I have been very happy to see it rocketing up the list. But never thought it would be out so soon.

I think your interview must have clinched it for many people. By the looks of it, you may have a hit comparable to Twilight Struggle on your hands. And if there ever was a subject calling for an inteligent game focusing on its intrincacies, dilemmas, contradictions and grey areas, it was indeed the fight against terrorism. It couldn't be more relevant. Congratulations on your courage and skill on tackling such a complex problem.

Just for curiosity: how long have you been working on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brittany Gary
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very exciting news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
What sort of quality is the map going to be? Is it going to be a paper map, a cardboard map along the lines of the old TS map, or a mounted one like the newer edition of TS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedro -- Thanks for the kind (and, as to "hit", probably premature!) words. Like many other people, I have been following the issue for some time, but I only began work on the actual game mechanics after GMT proposed the project to me in May 2009. Don't be alarmed, however, about quality control: We produced WILDERNESS WAR on a similar schedule in 2000-2001, virtually free of errata. I take proofing very seriously, and I am determined to ensure that LABYRINTH will stand up to the comparison.

Jesse -- Hi. Thanks for the question. GMT has not yet said anything about paper, cardboard, or mounted map (not to me, at least). It is even possible that they have not yet made that decision! I strongly suspect that they are aware of the general preference for rigid maps, but probably have some component cost versus pricing issues to work out, based on the full suite of components in the box. Sorry I can't be of more insight on that!

Best, vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
No problem. I am a big fan of Twilight Struggle (and am fond of CDGs in general) and based on what I have read Labyrinth sounds very, very intriguing. While a rigid map is by no means a deal breaker, I would prefer it and am wondering if I will need to get some plexiglass to play this one.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.