flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players:
Mark (3rd place)
Richard (the winner)
Cathy (2nd place)
Darrell (last place)

Game time: 2 hours 15 minutes

This was mine and Cathy's first time ever playing. I made a lot of BIG mistakes that pretty much ruined my chances of winning.

The game started out with Mark explaining the rules, and some of the rules he said were wrong which we found out and changed while playing.

I had the opportunity to pick my empire first. This is a good thing if you know what you are doing. I looked at the numbers and not the starting positions. The army I picked had the highest number, but was in a country worth ZERO points. I mistakenly picked a starting location worth ZERO points. Did I say that? ZERO POINTS AND I WAS THE FIRST PICKER! Which meant I also got the worst special power card when the powers were being passed around.

I think the first time period, called epoch's had me at a HUGE disadvantage in last place by about .. um 20 points. Richard was in first place. His secret power card and empire actually matched. Placing armies in the same country for a huge bonus. The gold was given out and I got none. The last place person gets no gold. Mark conquered china and held it for 3 periods.

The second epoch, which I got the oportunity to pick first went a LOT better for me. The turns moved me up into 3rd place and immediately I gained a huge amount of land. Both Mark and Richard blamed me for being too powerful. Ya right! I had no gold bonus points. So they convinced Cathy to slaughter me in future rounds.

I ended up getting in first place after the third epoch. There is a huge advantage in picking empires first if know what you are doing. I picked the vikings and I conquered all the way into china. It was a good run and it hurt mark a lot. Putting him in last place for that round.

The forth epoch, or whatever, was when Cathy started saying, "I'm going to get you back." Like I shouldn't have attacked her the previous round. I was just trying to get points =(. I think she originally planned on wiping me out totally. Even going to Scandinavia to wipe out an army I had on a remote island. Mark and Richard told her going there would give her no points; and I told her I wasn't going to win the game. In fact, that was when I declared that Richard would be the winner and she should start attacking him instead. I ended up being in last place after the fourth round. Russia didn't seem like a good choice, but I was able to suicide march into Mark's territory slowing his expansion down a bit.

The fifth epoch I got to pick my empire first. I felt all the choices sucked. Britain, France, China, or North/South America were my choices. Britain and France were last on the turns. I picked North/South America for a sucky 4 armies. I think I could have played that better. Maybe? Anyways, my idea was that I wanted to score points before my lands were taken away. Cathy finally attacked a province other than mine, taking away only one of Richards provinces. I ended up in last place still.

My last round I picked Russia for the first turn to clear all of Russia and Japan. With no huge point total, I was dead last by a long shot. Cathy was one point shy of first place because she let Richard get away with just one point. Mark was third by a little, I helped weaken him by preventing his monopoly on China.

Hopefully next time, I wont start off in a zero pointer country. That'll be the difference between last place and 3rd place at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cathy sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.